Getting It Out Of The Packaging

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JABBATHERIDGE

Super Freak
Reaction score
Bit of fun thread.

What was the last statue or mini bust you bought that was an absolute ***** to get in or out of the packaging. Has something ever snapped when you've tried fitting back into the packaging or snapped when you've taken it out.

What took the longest to unpack or repack?

For me it was the Character Options RC Dalek, there were like two hundred twist ties holding it in place and a ton of tape on the back of the box before I could even get to the twist ties.

I was trying to open it for the better part of an hour, cursing and swearing under my breath (I have no patience:D )

Share any getting it out of the packaging horror stories you might have in this thread and warn other collectors what pieces are a ***** to get out of the packaging.

What's horrible is when I have to pack up some stuff sometimes, or if I want to switch out a hand for a different posed hand, and then when I have all the packaging put back in the box, I found out I left some other accessory out and have to open the box back up and put it in, that's sad. Although sometimes I'm lazy, so Darth Maul will be posed with more than one lightsaber....

The General Grievous PF was a SOB. Hell Sideshow even made insrtuctions.

It took me over an hour to get the Grievous PF back in the box. I never want to do that again!

Luckily, I've never broken any piece in my collection.

I think they should put little decals in the packaging. Like "head goes here", and "weapons go here" so when you go to re-pack in the box you can easily figure it out. Some of those things are a pain , especially if it has been out of the box for awhile. And never use a razor blade to open the boxes, I learned that the hard way. :(

1HAPPYBOY said:
I think they should put little decals in the packaging. Like "head goes here", and "weapons go here" so when you go to re-pack in the box you can easily figure it out. Some of those things are a pain , especially if it has been out of the box for awhile. And never use a razor blade to open the boxes, I learned that the hard way. :(

I've always thought that I should take a picture of the item in the box, so I will remember how it goes back.....ofcourse I have not bothered to do that yet....I always get too excited when I get a new piece that I forget about taking a pic until it's already too late.
So far for me the biggest pain was the items I ordered from Neca...too many twist ties and tape...very annoying. The pieces I am most afraid of putting back in a box: both Ghost Riders and Sauron.

General Grievous and The Mummy were the worst for me. The worst one to get displayed was the Ringwraith on Steed. I don't know how long it took to get the damn thing on the pegs.

The most insane packaging goes EASILY to the Mumakil. Tons of twisties and little pieces of foam. I did take lots of pics but the idea of packing that thing in again some day... :monkey4

And sweating bullets thinking of handling the Daddy Rog one day again...

Beren

PF Sean Connery. I swear it took me an hour and a half just to get the outer sleeve off of it.

Grevious gets a vote too - I don't look forward to putting that back in the box.

I agree with... everyone!

The PF Connery outer sleeve took me over three days to get off! Not three full days you smarta**s, but I tried three different times for about 20 to 30 minutes each time, and would get it moved about 1 to 2 inches.

With General G, I was smart enough to take a ton of pictures as I was unpacking it! Without those, I never would have gotten it back in the box! They helped another board member as well!

Top honors go to the Mummy PF (sorry Bodie!) by far! Not for getting out, but for repacking! I actually had to do this three times!!! My first one came in damaged, so I had to repack to ship back to sideshow. I got the replacement in, opened it to check for damage and repacked for storage (although it is back out on display at my office currently). Third time was the SSE version to check for damage and then repack. All three times, I never got it repacked to my satisfaction and only barely got the box closed!!! Look up impossible in the dictionary, and there is a picture of the Sideshow Mummy PF out of the package!!! :rotfl

The stands and twistied that come with Evil Ash and Ash. P-A-I-N I-N T-H-E B-U-T-T-O-C-K-S!!!!

Hellboy was a bit of a pain in the a$$ only because you have to twist his left arm to get if flat, and I'm always worried that it'll just snap!

I'm in the process of boxing all of my statues and so far none have really posed too much of an issue although I have had to scratch my head at how some of the accessories fit into the boxes

My biggest challenge is going to be getting my boxed Hulk PF into my dads loft as that thing weighs a ton!!!

I got my black Spider-Man mini bust from GG/DST last night, took it out of the box to make sure it wasn't cracked or broken and spent about ten minutes figuring out how to put it back in. I was getting really annoyed that the hands and head wouldn't seem to fit into the packaging when my G/F pointed out that it was because I was trying to put it in the wrong way round.

I guess there's no hope for me:lol

Back