Gentle Giant's Bubo (no, the OTHER Bubo!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoboDad

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here is my newest acquisition, Gentle Giant's Bubo statue. Harryhausen fans should be VERY happy with this one! I got #28 / 500.

bubo01.jpg

bubo02.jpg

bubo03.jpg

bubo04.jpg

bubo05.jpg

I'm so jealous! I'm currently on the waitlist but I don't believe I'll get him. I might have to settle for e-bay. Congrats on #28.

I was meaning to pick this up and kept forgetting... looks great? Whats he made of?

I'd love to see a 1:1 version of him someday!

Don't waste time if you're interested--the last one on eBay sold for $91. There are only two up there right now, and one's a "Buy It Now" of $100.

tomandshell said:
Don't waste time if you're interested--the last one on eBay sold for $91. There are only two up there right now, and one's a "Buy It Now" of $100.
looks sweet! how much was he originally from GG?

The MSRP was $60--I got mine from Razor's Edge for $50. With an ES of only 500, there aren't going to be a lot to go around, and people who missed the preorder or were waiting to decide later are going to have to work a lot harder to pick one up at a reasonable price.

I had already checked Razor's Edge but came up empty. I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for the GG waitlist.

I pre-ordered mine from AlterEgo for $51 + shipping. Still waiting for him to get them in.

Looks terrific! :rock

Wow, that looks really cool. I've never seen Clash of the Titans but I want one anyways. :lol

I got mine from TFAW. I was the first to preorder and they were seriously allocated. Luckily I didn't take chances on this one. I should have mine by the early of next week! WOOHOO!

That's really cool!!! I gotta say, Clash is one of those movie that either you like it or can't stand it! I haven't seen it in forever though, but that Bubo is great!!! How tall is it?

If it was 1:1 scale, I'd consider it! But, 7" seems kinda small to me, I've been spoiled by 1/4 PF. It looks great though.

Back