Statue Gentle Giant The Hobbit Gandalf The Grey Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
IMG_5424-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I was never a fan of the lotr gentle giant busts. I liked the saruman one, that's about it.
And what was the idea with all those "hidden compartments". How many rings do they expect ppl to have!? And why hide them in a bust!? :dunno

Yeah, I was never a fan of the lotr gentle giant busts. I liked the saruman one, that's about it.
And what was the idea with all those "hidden compartments". How many rings do they expect ppl to have!? And why hide them in a bust!? :dunno

I think that was a way to skirt around licensing. They had to do the compartments so they weren't just busts.

GG's first Gandalf bust was much better than this. What gives?

GG has been dropping the ball lately, but I think this one looks just "ok". There's definitely a bad paint job on the face and hair/beard, but maybe the sculpt looks better under other conidtions.

Personally, I liked their LOTR busts, so I'm hoping these work out. Although GG is now competing for my dollar against the Weta small statue line that's roughly the same price point. My Gollum and GtG are still on the shelf, with Aragorn POed.

You can see this and the other busts in my video.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fva7dygYBDE"]Gentle Giant and The Bridge Direct[/ame]

Thanks! They look really cool. :rock I believe they're made of polystone. No :lol Somebody wanted to know if I was in line to buy something.

Thanks! They look really cool. :rock I believe they're made of polystone. No :lol Somebody wanted to know if I was in line to buy something.

They're looking great, really :clap. Is it true these busts have a hidden compartment? I've never owned a GG LOTR bust. Are you going to collect this line Josh?
There's so many nice LOTR and Hobbit stuff revealed at the SDCC! I'm having difficulty choosing which ones to get. At the moment, my must-haves are: Weta Thorin, Barad-dur, and Sauron PF (but this is depending on the price). :wink1:

Some of the LOTR ones did but these will not. I am. I don't know if I will get every single one of them but I will get several of them. I agree! The amount of items shown at Comic-Con this year are the most Middle-Earth themed items since I first started going. It was so freaking cool. :rock

I don't think these Hobbit busts have hidden compartments.

With the LotR busts it was a bit different. GG never had the license to produce 1/6 scale mini busts for LotR, but they did have the license to produce keepsakes and light-up items up to a certain height. So their mini busts either had a hidden compartment (Gandalf, Strider, Frodo, Sam, Ringwraith, Elrond, Glorfindel, Tom Bombadil and Snaga) or had a light-up option (Balrog, Saruman, Sauron). A very creative way to skirt around the licensing restrictions, imo.

A couple of the LotR busts were promoted as 'Ringbearers': Noble Collection gold plated One Rings were included in one in forty mini busts. There's a list of edition # with Rings on GG's collectors forum: https://gentlegiantcollectors.com/2009c/index.php?topic=1106.msg61438#msg61438

Back