Gentle Giant ... Or How to Destroy a Company in 5 Easy Steps

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
I am stupid enough to want to get into their new Star Wars/LOTR crossover line:

glorfindelpy4bmc9.jpg
:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

IrishJedi said:
Actually, at some point Lucasfilm might step in and *****-slap them.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha That gets "post of the day" for me.
GG needs a good foot in the @ss!

I hope Sideshow gives us the 5 Commanders one day, or at least Cody, Gree and Bly. I want them bad, but I'm not going through GG's nonsense to get them.

I'm sticking with sideshow these days. The best costumer service in the world and they listen to the input of there fans (except for the lotr pf line but hell)

Sidshow Collectibles... YOU ROCK!!!:rock2

Fritz said:
What do you mean? :confused:

500 pieces isn't much. I know it will be at SDCC which I'm going to plus I'm a PGM but I just don't think I'll get lucky enough.

jlcmsu said:
500 pieces isn't much. I know it will be at SDCC which I'm going to plus I'm a PGM but I just don't think I'll get lucky enough.

I didn't know that but I figured as much. Can you pre-order for SDCC like Sideshow or do you have to stand in line?

I just joined the collectors club a couple weeks ago. :rolleyes: :eek: But I knew this would happen with a LotR item so I had to go against my better judgement.

Fritz said:
I didn't know that but I figured as much. Can you pre-order for SDCC like Sideshow or do you have to stand in line?

I just joined the collectors club a couple weeks ago. :rolleyes: :eek: But I knew this would happen with a LotR item so I had to go against my better judgement.

Last year they let you do a PPO for their exclusives but they basically went up without any notice. I had to run home from work because I was lucky enough to have Danny call me when I could get away. They will also sell some at the show so you CAN do either if you so choose.

I did it as soon as it went up thinking it would hopefully keep me out of these types of situations, but GG has shown they don't even care really for their PGM members.

Whew...if you think there's a few bloody noses here over some issues, take a gander over to the GG Blog and check out the "Convention Rules & Regulations" thread...ouch.

It's pretty painful....

Now, of all the issues with how they are doing the 'availibilty' of the Con Exlcusives this year, at least one issue got addressed (to what end remains to be seen but...) and that's the issue of other exhibitors at a given show snagging all the exclusives they can and turning them right at the show for a steep price. I've been to SDCC's where I've seen that and while the people running CIII did their best to curb that, it was still happening there too...resulting in alot of unhappy people standing in lines being turned away with nothing.

Now one thing they are doing at the shows to keep it "one per person" is punching badges....sounds good no? Um...what about the honest smucks like myself who only want to pick up an addtional bust to trade with a friend that is going to a different show doing the same thing?

I'm going to CIV...I was hoping to get one extra Gree bust and find a regular freak who was hitting SDCC this year and have them pick up a Cody...than do a swap. Guess that's not possible now...

I think the "raffle" idea is lame...why GG can't simply announce a cut-off date for new members, make enough to do the shows and ensure everyone that is a member of thier PG can have one too then impose the raffle for what's left for those folks who join after the cut-off date....or better yet, follow Sideshow's excellent "inclusive" model...opening up ordering for a certain amount of time and once closed, base your edition size on that plus a quantity for walk-ups at the show(s). Guess it's too easy and too nice to the consumer to do that for 'em...I dunno.

I still wish GG had chosen something less "hot" and "wanted for their exclusives...oh, well.

I this requires running to the booth, I am going in Hockey gear :lol

Ohh yeah it has not been washed in years and I bet I would still smell better then most the people:rotfl

I managed to get a Shock Trooper bust last year at SDCC, I don't know if it was right place, right time or not? :confused: I hadn't pre-ordered it or any such thing, just walked up and asked for one.

Paid for half of my trip too. :monkey3

jlcmsu said:
I'm gonna have to use Bob as my fullback.
Hmm wonder if my buddy wants to goto c4 I bet he can get me thru the crowd.

Now, of all the issues with how they are doing the 'availibilty' of the Con Exlcusives this year, at least one issue got addressed (to what end remains to be seen but...) and that's the issue of other exhibitors at a given show snagging all the exclusives
I hate this rule. I was on the convention floor early every morning and never got even a sniff of the Malfoy exclusive. It's just as hard for industry to get them as it is for general admission people.

Back