Gentle Giant Leia ANH Mini Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pixletwin said:
:lol well if I can find a Leia for around $100 I may do that. :lol
If you can find Leia for 100 you MUST get it at that price. :lol It is my second favorite PF.

Uuuuuuhhmm..... Reminds me of Ms.Piggy as Leia. I don't own any, but from pics, I just don't care for GG mini-busts, only a few have been awesome (from pics) in my opinion. Than again, I can't complain, I don't collect busts, I like full bodies for my 1/6th collectables.

Yeah, I don't get the whole mini-bust thing myself. As the collection grows, they all look like they're in a swimming pool.

I wonder why Sideshow hasn't tried "premium" 1:1 busts using real hair and glass eyes for humans.

Once again GG fail to hit the mark with a human likeness and it's no real suprise as they've only managed 2 or 3 awesome human sculpts since they started making SW products. I wasn't 100% on whether to save for the PF Leia but seeing this has just made my mind up and GG won't be getting my cash.

Amanaman said:
Yeah, I don't get the whole mini-bust thing myself. As the collection grows, they all look like they're in a swimming pool.

That's a funny and true way of describing them. I never have quite understood why GG chooses to cut these off at the waist so abruptly. At least with the SSW busts they have a classic look to them, the added height of the base makes a big difference.

Honestly, I don't even consider them busts, but more half statues. A bust, to me at least, is smply the head, where we direct the most attention to in a character. Showing anything more than the shoulders is a distraction.

Back