General Patton Sixth Scale figure From DID

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love DiD figures. Own several and each is top quality. Tempted to get this also.

Ordered one of these from BBTS a few weeks ago. Too iconic to pass it up. It'll be my first military figure, and my first DiD figure.

What else has DiD done that's worth looking into?

SnakeDoc

Cool WWII movie figure of G.C.S. as Patton. Looks perfect to me.

:(
Ordered one of these from BBTS a few weeks ago. Too iconic to pass it up. It'll be my first military figure, and my first DiD figure.

What else has DiD done that's worth looking into?

SnakeDoc

The WWI figures are very nice. Pretty much anything WWII made in the last couple of years look great! Lot's of detail and accessories. "Neils" a German SS engineer has a ton of equipment. There is also a company called 3R, there stuff is amazing! They have your generic WWII figures and also historic figures ie: Hitler, Himmler, Rommel, Goring. The only thing is, I do not think we will ever see an allied figure from them.

:(

The WWI figures are very nice. Pretty much anything WWII made in the last couple of years look great! Lot's of detail and accessories. "Neils" a German SS engineer has a ton of equipment. There is also a company called 3R, there stuff is amazing! They have your generic WWII figures and also historic figures ie: Hitler, Himmler, Rommel, Goring. The only thing is, I do not think we will ever see an allied figure from them.

Yes I have got some 3R figures. Hitler, Himmler, Goring and Goebbels. They are top notch figures very well detailed and amazing likenesses.

IDK if I should do a video on Youtube about them as I might get a lot of hate from people.

I collect military figures. Pass for me as this is the movie likeness and not the historical Patton. DID does great work, but unfortunately now are making many figures with actor's licenses. They also did Major Winter's from Band of Brothers.

I collect military figures. Pass for me as this is the movie likeness and not the historical Patton. DID does great work, but unfortunately now are making many figures with actor's licenses. They also did Major Winter's from Band of Brothers.

I agree. I wish the sculpt would have been made to the real Patton's likeness. Maybe DID could offer a head sculpt of the real Patton so we can switch it if we like.

I pre-ordered from BBTS and they are including a Patton head sculpt with the figure.

My little review on this guy. Great figure, if you are into WW2 + Action Figures he is a must get.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_AhnbvydfQ[/ame]

So, this is my first DID figure.

They should probably call it a kit, not a figure, haha.

How in the bloody hell do you put all the little stars and adornments on his uniform??

I'm wondering the same thing. How do you get these items to adhere to the uniform? I wish there were directions for that.

Fabri-Tac was recommended to me over at OSW, but I was surprised by the lack of responses. I bought a bottle at JoAnn's , but it's still not very easy, it's quite a pain. By nature, the glue is very thick and 'gooey', so if you squeeze out a little dab from the bottle and try to put it on the back of the star, it sticks to the glue bottle before it sticks to the star. I still want to explore other options, I might need to find some 'modeler's tweezers' or something like that. I'm thinking about finding model train shop or something like that around here.

The whole process hammers home to me, why military figures are so detailed and packed with accessories at such a relatively low price. . . because you have to put them together yourself. I spent about an hour on it yesterday and got 2 medals pinned on his jacket and glued the stars onto the shoulders of the short jacket, but that was about it, before I started to lose my mind.

I did notice I only got 2 of the A emblems, but there should be 4, 2 for each jacket. Did you only get 2 emblems??

I have not looked at everything yet. It was a bit overwhelming and I didn't have the patience to go through it. I need some uninterrupted time to sit down and look at everything. Please keep us up to date if you find a good solution to attaching everything.

Attention on deck!

Patton has arrived and he is every bit the legend in 1:6 as he was in 1:1!

I went with the Ike jacket look since that is what George C Scott wore through most of the film.

Man the little star and crap was a pain!

image_zps83b8ff75.jpg

image_zpsc1521395.jpg

image_zps1b66fb99.jpg

image_zps9933e519.jpg

Back