Gelfling Deet, from the Dark Crystal Age of Resistance - lifesize silicone bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoreCraft

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello friends,
Here's the video of her creation for anyone interested in watching the process:

Hope you enjoy the video. If you've any questions about her creation process, feel free to ask! Thanks for watching! - N

Some additional pics:
20190906_221505.jpg
20190903_192022.jpg
20190903_184827.jpg

Sooo.... no Dark Crystal fans around? I posted this a couple days ago and it has 1, just 1 view (probably me, lol). I'm really surprised - it's like the post is kryptonite, haha.

She looks amazing! I definitely think you captured her really well. Really impressed by the work here. The texture/paint/gloss looks so realistic. Deet's one of my favorite characters in the show (Hup being the main one.)

I don't know what "life-size" is for Dark Crystal characters. But man if someone made a life-size Hup I'd be so tempted. :D

You don't need other peeps validation in order to know how great your work is.
And IT IS :)

You don't need other peeps validation in order to know how great your work is.
And IT IS :)

Heya, I appreciate that. Just to say, it's not the validation that's an issue - it's simply that we (us artist fellows) like to, and need to, have our work seen - otherwise we can't make it anymore. It's a sad truth. All of my work was made possible by the YT channel - people showing up and watching me make these, and the ad revenues from their views are what paid for more clay, tools, silicone, even the desk I work on now - all from viewers just dropping in to appreciate watching/looking at the pieces. They also function as advertisements of sorts, if someone wants to commission a sculpt, they know I exist and can contact me. I saw my post had literally 1 view, so I was like.... well you get the idea. But thank you again for the kind words.

She looks amazing! I definitely think you captured her really well. Really impressed by the work here. The texture/paint/gloss looks so realistic. Deet's one of my favorite characters in the show (Hup being the main one.)

I don't know what "life-size" is for Dark Crystal characters. But man if someone made a life-size Hup I'd be so tempted. :D

Thank you, friend! And you're in luck - Hup is coming! Starting on him today! And you're the first to be told, so you're now "in the know" :D
Life sized though - they're busts, so shoulders up, and lifesize, as in "the actual life size of the characters themselves", so they're smaller than human size, but still the right proportions, so far as I can tell. I got the eyes for Deet from the fellows that made them from the show, so they assured me they're correct in circumference (I thought they were a bit small, tbh), so I had to shrink her head down to fit them as her eyes look very large in the show.
Anyways, thank you again! Glad you appreciate the work. As long as fellows come back to see more, I can keep doing the work I enjoy. Cheers! - N

My favorite is the scientist. any plans for the skeksis?

Oh gosh, those guys are immensely more detailed and a lot larger. I am just a solo guy making these in my apartment with limited funds. There's a lot I CAN do, if I'm backed with the resources, but I've had problems with this due to the nature of how I fund these. My primary source of funding for these sculpts is Youtube, and it's VERY unreliable in terms of generating returns. Patrons are hard to come by, and the ad revenues from YT are sometimes sufficient, but most times not. I need to "trend track" to usually get some return and pay for the expenses. I did Wun Wun the giant from GoT, it cost 500$+ in materials and 2 weeks work, and I got 15$ back from YT ads.... soooooo..... if it's a big project and somewhat risky, I usually have to pass on it, even if I really want to do it. Deet did very well, loads of positive feedback, but even with her I only got back what she cost to make. The upside was some contacts for commissions for some other work, and the sponsor that came through - but those too are fleeting. It's feast or famine, my friend. I've got a commission for Brea, and I am making Hup now - but a Skeksis - I think someone will have to commission it before I give that a go.

Back