Gears of War bronze & platinum statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question, when you clicked the check out button, it directed you to paypal right?

Last edited:
When did it change from a Bronze exclusive limited to 50 pieces, to the Midnight Variant limited to 100 pieces??? :confused:

A few days ago, I believe. If you go their website they talk about how they didn't like the way the midnight cold-casted bronze looked - so to keep up with their high standards they changed it to what it is now. I think it looks great, personally. Also there was such a high demand they upped it to 100. Hopefully that will be the last upping they do. I can't complain though since they are doing pre-orers and now I don't have to bum rush in on Thursday morning to try and snag one at SDCC. If they had kept it at 50, (even with the pre-order) I would have missed out....when I ordered mine there was only around 25 left.

When did it change from a Bronze exclusive limited to 50 pieces, to the Midnight Variant limited to 100 pieces??? :confused:

From what the guy told me, he was getting alot of (e-mail) inquiries about the statue. Thing is... anything SDCC Exclusive related will get alot of responses, majority of them being scalpers/flippers. As for change of color, dunno, but it looks alot better.

A few days ago, I believe. If you go their website they talk about how they didn't like the way the midnight cold-casted bronze looked - so to keep up with their high standards they changed it to what it is now. I think it looks great, personally. Also there was such a high demand they upped it to 100. Hopefully that will be the last upping they do. I can't complain though since they are doing pre-orers and now I don't have to bum rush in on Thursday morning to try and snag one at SDCC. If they had kept it at 50, (even with the pre-order) I would have missed out....when I ordered mine there was only around 25 left.

yeah, doing a PO was really smart of them. Else the dealers there would have snagged them all and we would have had to pay 2x.

Last edited:
Have you seen them pending in your account yet? Seems they haven't taken the money from my bank yet. I wonder if they will wait to charge until it ships?

Didn't think that was possible with paypal.

You have to go to their booth at SDCC and show your id badge. Your order will then be processed and it will be shipped out afterwards. Actually my payment has gone through...but it is the shipping part that won't start until you show you are who you say you are.

You have to go to their booth at SDCC and show your id badge. Your order will then be processed and it will be shipped out afterwards. Actually my payment has gone through...but it is the shipping part that won't start until you show you are who you say you are.

Yeah I was aware about the SDCC part, but haven't seen my payment go through yet.

I've had some paypal deals where the money wasn't taken out for a day or two after I made the purchase - don't know why that happens....

Hey, I ain't complaining :lol The more days, the merrier.

I'm glad they are shipping it, so I won't have to lug it across the country.

I'm not falling for it. Yes, they look cool but so did the Pewter Balrog I bought when Lord of the Rings was the in thing that's worth $5 now. :lol

Are the GoW statues sold out 'cause I can't find a button to add the thing to my cart...

EDIT: Ok, they won't ship to the Uk... bastards...

After verifying my info to get my Hellboy midnight bronze at their booth at the con, seeing the Gears stuff in person changed my mind. Might be saving my pennies for the "platinum" Boomer, and maybe Marcus. They look great in person.

IMG_1955.jpg

After verifying my info to get my Hellboy midnight bronze at their booth at the con, seeing the Gears stuff in person changed my mind. Might be saving my pennies for the "platinum" Boomer, and maybe Marcus. They look great in person.

IMG_1955.jpg

Yeah, they looked really good in person. I totally forgot to ask why no color?

Probably. Or, the cost for painted statues would be higher than what they paid just for metallic statues, which money they probably do not have.

Still, these statues are great. I don't know if you guys helf the statues or not but I did. It is heavy as hell. It really feels like holding a statue made out of metal. The metallic part of the statue feels like metal, duh. I have never touched one like this before. Really cool.

Back