gbtv01's Collection v01

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice collection, and a very distinguished way of displaying your figures. Quite unique around here. Personally I'm not into 3 D posters, but that's just me. The combination of figure & poster works quite well though, and is often used as a display method. But the way the 12" are mounted on the wall, that's new!

Oh, man! I forgot about that McFarlane Jaws piece! Might have to snag one of those on the 'bay. (Sideshow's is great, but c'mon...The Orca!)

Great set-up, gbtv. I have to join the chorus and say how much I like to see unique display methods like this. Great job!

Very nice displays! I've been doing something similar with 8x10 photos and poster prints with my 12'' figs. I think it's a great way to display them.

c3p0r2d2.jpg

Awesome!

I ordered mine at starwarsshop but it kept delaying. I noticed today they removed the item from their site.

Where did you find one?

gbtv01 said:
Hey Socko, got mine off eBay from a seller 'colledge'. Excellent to deal with, not sure if he has anymore, I got this before Christmas.

thanks! Will search the internet. It's probably the best statues of both of them out there.
Polish it every day :)

I will be posting more pics the weekend hopefully, got a few new ones coming:
Sideshow 12" Obi-wan
Sideshow 12" T-1000 Ex
Sideshow 12" Boromir
Medicom 12" Ghost Rider and Hellcycle(got the bike just waiting patiently for good ol'skullface:rolleyes: )

I already know I'm going to steal it... any hints on where to get the round pieces of wood? I tried at Wal-Mart today in the craft section and found everything but :monkey4

I've got a smaller scale display I want to use this for :monkey3

Wow...where have I been...too much Overtime :google , not enough fun posts or browsing the forum :(.

The round pieces of wood can be picked up at Kent's craft section I believe.

Life has been super busy for me as of late and I kinda dropped of the radar here and I missed all you freaks:D . But the non-stop aspect of life has been awesome where we have been building a house and making plans for my wedding to my beautiful and awesome girl.

So as I type this my house is finally almost finished being built so that means I shall have a home theater room dedicated to my figures as well, I have all my star wars figures for my display plan I have been thinking of and as well another lot of heading my way (Hot Toys Predator 2 and Hot Toys Aliens Alien and lots more). But the find that I am really proud over is getting a PF Vader and Obi Wan...oh yeah!!!:chew .

Hopefully will have pictures soon :)

Good job! This is how I picture setting up my "Collectibles" room one day! A figure next to its respective movie poster, to me, this is the best way to display them!

Awesome!

Yeah, I think all of us dream of having a "collectibles room" to ourselves to properly display our collections. I will get one of those rooms...finally....in about a month or so when we move from a cramped apartment to a much bigger house. I've been dreaming of my own room for my stuff for a LONG time!

Great collection, by the way gbtv01! I love those 3-D posters too. I'd like to get the ALIEN, Star Wars, and Robocop ones someday. I like how you display the figure in front of the posters. Very nice setup! :D

What's next...well I have been super busy again as of late...miss this board :'(...but finally back again and getting my own time back :D. Finally finished building the new house and moved in, I am doing the home theatre room downstairs as I type this (12.5 feet (W) by 20 feet (length) so I have a fair bit of space to play around with. The idea I am going with is 8 main PF's on black pedestals (one in each corner and one between each) displayed with their corresponding movie poster (went with the big theatre posters 27" x 40"). So hopefully I shall have it but together by Christmas :monkey5

The PF's I am doing are as follows:

-Obi Wan
-Vader
-Darkness
-Ash
-Michael Myers (please god let announce this one this Halloween)
-Hot Toys Ed-209 and Robo (I don not like the look of the PF version at all)
and 2 more I am still thinking about (alot of cash to just do a fast purchase...gotta think about these)

Back