Gauntlet of Sauron - 1:1 Lifesize Replica - Lord of the Rings United Cutlery - Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1:45 to 2:40 ..... :drool :drool

That movie just kills me... :monkey2

I only hope that when the Hobbit comes out, that UC, or SOMEONE picks up the line and finishes it. :pray::pray::pray:

There were so many GREAT unreleased swords...

I always wondered how the WK dagger slipped out, its several items in (if the order means anything) and after UC no longer had rights (that I know of). :confused: Not that Im complaining, it just makes me wonder if maybe, just maybe, theres some boxes of this stuff sitting in a warehouse... :horror

Why wasn't the mace released?

P.S. I remember driving back into Canada with the sword of Narsil. When I declared it at the border, two officials inside (clearly fans of the films) practically begged me to take it out of the box. They then went on to prance around the office for the next few minutes showing it off to their co-workers... The border guys then jotted down notes so they could buy one too. My partner and I found the whole experience hilarious... lol. And no, I didn't get a break on border taxes... lol

Last edited:
Goodness, you have almost all the available Sauron pieces! You sir, have fantastic taste! :hi5: All you need is the LSB! Unless you consider the toys, in which case you are missing the ToyBiz figure, the minimate, and bobblehead! :lol

And if you have the 1/1 prototype Sauron Mace that United Cutlery made (and never went into production), then I will KILL YOU for... err, I mean I would love to visit you to see it... :wink1: :lol

I do have the LSB...

Adolfo, that has to be one of the best displays I've ever seen - organized and neat with a nice flow. I've wanted the Sauron LSB SO bad to go with my Morgul Lord LSB. I just haven't run across one at a time when it was convenient to buy.

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

This was my first collectable, the one that got me hooked. A friend who knew my fascination of the books and movies found it and mailed me the link. I was sold. It cost a small fortune and took forever to get from the US to smalltown Copenhagen, Denmark but boy was it worth the price and waitingtime. It's still my favorite piece

I have a number of United Cutlery LOTR swords + the 2nd Age Gondorian Shield...

True story of shame: I, like many other collectors, have far more pieces then actual room to display them in. So I regularly switch pieces and rotate my displays (aside from a few key pieces). It keeps things fresh and visitors constantly entertained (or thinking that I'm crazy... possibly both). I too bought the Gondorian shield a LOOONG time ago, BUT I have never put it on display. Why? Because, until I read this post, I FORGOT I EVEN HAD IT! :eek: :horror :slap

***runs off to figure out where amidst the myriad of brown boxes (and moves) it is...***

True story of shame: I, like many other collectors, have far more pieces then actual room to display them in. So I regularly switch pieces and rotate my displays (aside from a few key pieces). It keeps things fresh and visitors constantly entertained (or thinking that I'm crazy... possibly both). I too bought the Gondorian shield a LOOONG time ago, BUT I have never put it on display. Why? Because, until I read this post, I FORGOT I EVEN HAD IT! :eek: :horror :slap

***runs off to figure out where amidst the myriad of brown boxes (and moves) it is...***

That's just like getting a brand new collectible Kaijuboy :yess: ...and what a very nice one to get.:clap

Don't know how you could forget such a big piece...but at least now you can get to enjoy it.:yess:

Bill

That's just like getting a brand new collectible Kaijuboy :yess: ...and what a very nice one to get.:clap

Indeed!

Don't know how you could forget such a big piece...but at least now you can get to enjoy it.:yess:

Bill

I remember getting it, and ironing out its super-curled banner, and doing a bit of touch-up work on a corner of the shield, but then it had to go back in its box due to its size (it not just something you can put out on the coffee table for while [although UNDER a coffee table would AWESOME! :monkey1 ] and an upcoming move. So into the realm of boxes it went, and then... *life* happens, the move, work, etc. until one day I see this post... :horror :)

I've done the same thing so don't feel bad. I was moving some things around, looked under my bed and there it was!:lol I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning.

I bought it awhile ago to create a "Numenorean" display (shield, Narsil, Sword of Isildur, Helm of Elendil, Helm of Isildur) but stalled when I couldn't find the Isildur helm for less than the national debt. Oh well, one of these days!

what does this thing go for now a days? This is the first time i have ever seen this piece :horror

what does this thing go for now a days? This is the first time i have ever seen this piece :horror

The Gauntlet usually goes anywhere from 350-450 depending on the usual condition/completion/etc. Were as high as 600-700 during lotr's peak. Now would be the time to buy before Hobbit hype kicks up.

The gauntlet looks very nice, though I'd prefer if it were weathered somewhat...esp. the leather.

Back