Garindan, my first custom 1/6 figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justneepz

Freaked Out
Reaction score
b0194b7753ca13eb1833078d94325001.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nicely done J, did you do the leather work yourself...I'm, about to do some for a Jawa and looking for a way to do rivets?

Sadly no tinman, I bought the belt as is, I do intend to buy a sewing machine in the coming weeks though to make my own clothing.

Nicely done J, did you do the leather work yourself...I'm, about to do some for a Jawa and looking for a way to do rivets?

Tinman, you can use fabric glue then use decorative miniature rivet heads, I believe some craft shops stock them, but also they are used in nail bars as a nail decoration.
I use a spray can fabric glue called Moff stick, I got it from a carpet fitter friend, the stuff is solid, and binds leather really well.

Looks good. Nice work on the cloak.

Welcome to the boards.

Thanks Chakaman, the cloak was fairly simple, but I should have made it wider at the shoulders.
It was my first attempt, so I'm not to upset about it lol.
And thanks for the welcome. :)

What a great first custom. Boots, gloves, bolster and a fantastic cape/hood. Well done!

Did you weather the front of the boots too?

W

What a great first custom. Boots, gloves, bolster and a fantastic cape/hood. Well done!

Did you weather the front of the boots too?

W

Thanks Solo_bones, that means a lot, your partly to blame for me giving this a shot, your jawas are pretty awesome mate.
The boots were pre weathered, theyre DiD German infantry boots, the uniform is actually a tactical swat uniform, which I thought was leagues better than the Hasbro.
The head was, obviously Hasbro repainted and the body was a cheap coo model from eBay.
The cloak was the inner lining from a jacket,lol

I can see that we are going to see some great things from you, terrible but great ( sorry dropping into Harry potter for a moment )
A really nice start custom, everything looks natural , which is half the battle and a really nice repaint on the had brought head.
wish my first custom had looked that good, keep me coming

Back