Gargoyles with Bernie Casey...1972...another rarity/grail piece obtained.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
A serious entry to the realm of horror. Made in 1972, for tv. Emmy award winning make up by the late Stan Winston. To the best of my knowledge, the only thing ever made memorabilia wise. 14" tall, nice wingspan. Again, tighter more detailed shots coming. Check it:

gargoyle1.jpg

gargoyle2.jpg

gargoyle4.jpg

Gorgeous piece and one of the finest TV movies ever made. There was a mass produced mask made of this also.......................Larry

Looks cool--Is this the movie with the two Gargoyle brothers?

Story goes: an anthropologist/demonologist goes to an out of the way obscure curiosity showman: based on the claims he has found/discovered skeletal remains of a gargoyle. Gargoyles attack the shack to retrieve the remains, killing the showman. The anthropologist and his daughter spend the rest of the movie trying to escape from a tribe of gargoyles who are hatching young in preparation for world domination. Great film with some genuinely creepy moments.

Hey, I remember this movie. It was a regular rotation movie back in the 80's on TBS, I think. They used to play a lot of great classic horror movies back then. Anyway, it freaked me out as a kid, havent seen it in probably 20+ years.

Very cool piece you have there!

Anton,

Where in the hell did you find this? In my wildest dreams, I never imagined there was a collectible based on my beloved "Gargoyles" (always a favorite to watch around this time of year. I love 70's TV horror, and this is one of the best.).

I believe this may be my new "arm and a leg"-worthy piece. Let us all gather around the Nakatikkachinko for the ritual of Nonataya.

-

Last edited:
Anton,

Where in the hell did you find this? In my wildest dreams, I never imagined there was a collectible based on my beloved "Gargoyles" (always a favorite to watch around this time of year. I love 70's TV horror, and this is one of the best.).

I believe this may be my new "arm and a leg"-worthy piece. Let us all gather around the Nakatikkachinko for the ritual of Nonataya.

-

I have been collecting this stuff for around 20 years. I started out just doing Universal. Universal movies. Universal collectibles. After awhile, I figured I could only have so many Frankenstein and Wolfmen...so I started looking for the more obscure monsters like Hammer and B-Monsters. The garage kit arena produced some wonderful quality pieces to advance this desire.

Item was originally in kit form. Produced waaaay back in 1992, I missed out on it when it was initially available. With so few produced, I just figured it would be "The one that got away." I saw this beautiful finished one pop up on ebay. This terrible economy is forcing a lot of rarer garage kits onto the chopping block. I watched the auction, but didn't bid. I was certain it would go for a fortune. it never got a single bid. After I saw this, I contacted the seller who kindly obliged to sell it to me for the opening bid of $260.

The assembly and paintwork on the piece is as good as(if not superior) to a factory piece. I thought it was steal. Especially since the dealer in question was willing to work with me on paying for it. Contact with him has also put him on the trail of hunting two other garage kit items I am hunting. If I get them, I will let you know.

Kit specs:

The Gargoyle from "Gargoyles"
sculpted by Ed Eilbacher
Dist. by Alternative Images.
One of AI's first kits , now discontinued.
This kit was $120.00 when it first came out.
Rough guess as to how many copies were poured before mold was no good: 50-75.

Now you know the kit specs...so you can hunt one too.

that movie scared hell out of me ....:horror
gargoyles1.jpg

Those who saw it when they were children remember the movie in the same way. I saw it when I was 4. It made that good of an impression on me. When it was released on dvd...I bought it up and could tell you everything that was going to happen before it did....and i had only seen it when it aired originally before the dvd.

There are a lot of films that had this effect on me. Salem's Lot, Without Warning, and Gargoyles among the best. Then there was that scene at the end of Carrie and the original Halloween. I saw them all between the ages of 4-10 and they still creep me out.

Here is the dvd ordering info. if anyone wants to see this gem.

most likely bootlegs will be among these pages:

https://www.ioffer.com/i/47959286

or an original commercial release:(not cheap)

https://www.amazon.com/Gargoyles-Cornel-Wilde/dp/B00000IO3W

or you could always get lucky on ebay. The thing is, before this disc went oop, it was only about $12.99.

Damn :google

To bad the originals are so expensive! I would like to see it agian, its been at least 20 years since I seen it.

Movie scared the crap out of me as a kid. Loved their voices and the slow mo attacks. Loved the opening.

As a kid, scary monsters, as an adult, man in suit...:lol

Good catch though, looks nice!

Jeepers Creepers had a decent semi-gargoyle except with a stupid hick hat and coat. Nice wings though.

Last edited:
Back