Gandalf's quarter staff replica?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the Noble Staff (Gandalf the Grey) and I paid $300.00 for it when it first came out. I sold it on ebay about 18 months ago for about $1500.00, not knowing how much they sold for!!!:horror

It was really nice, but getting out of debt was nicer.

I ordered the UC Gandalf the White staff several times, and every one that arrived had serious paint flaking issues. I never kept one due to the production and quality control issues.

The United Cutlery GTW staffs were originally made with a cast metal head. Those are the one's with paint issues. UC eventually pulled those off the market, and replaced them with staffs that had a resin head, and there were no paint issues to my knowledge on those.

I own both versions, and the cast metal head does indeed have some slight cracks on the paint where the head was attached to the staff. The resin headed version looks pristine.

The only official GTG staff to my knowledge was the one released by Noble Collection, and it was resin cast using a direct mold from a Weta original prop (the version Gandalf has in the Mines of Moria). I have one of these too, and it is awesome. Got it directly from Noble for $300 back in the day, but they do in fact sell for around $1k or more on ebay now.

Darn. Was thinking of getting a gtg staff to go with the glamdring I've got on order..

1k+ is really steep. Guess I'll wait for the hobbit..hopefully someone picks up the license and does something with it.

Darn. Was thinking of getting a gtg staff to go with the glamdring I've got on order..

1k+ is really steep. Guess I'll wait for the hobbit..hopefully someone picks up the license and does something with it.

You can almost make it a guarantee another Gandalf staff will hit the market, probably even better.

I would pick up another one in a heartbeat if someobody makes one with the Hobbit. Some of the manufacturers in this marketplace for this kind of product have dried up a little in recent years though!

Back