Premium Format Gandalf vs. Gandalf: Who would you choose?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Gandalf would you choose?

• EX Gandalf the Grey

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Reg Gandalf the Grey

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • EX Gandalf the White

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Reg Gandalf the White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NorthernLadMSP

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just started my LOTR PF collection with the EX Dark Rider and I have Gollum arriving on Monday.

I would love to add Gandalf to the collection, but am a little torn on which version to get, the white or the grey.

Here are my initial thoughts just based on pictures/YouTube videos alone.

Grey: I love the pose the most between the two. I think it's a perfect representation of him leading the others thru Moria.

I love both portraits, and they they are definitely closer to Ian McKellen than the white version.

The light up feature is a great bonus, although I probably would never actually use it.

White: I love the majestic, detailed crisp white clothing on this piece more than the grey version. Plus, IMO, this bright white is a very nice contrast with the dark brooding Dark Rider who is in black and gray.

The other plus, is that the white is probably easier to obtain (and cheaper).

Are the EX's on these really worth it? I like both, but am not really sure I would NEED to get the EX, so I'll add that into the poll.

I would love to see your guys' thoughts on the two, and which you would get if you could only get one.

Pics of them side by side would even be more amazing!

I'd say GTG (either version). I had the regular and it was excellent. I wasn't interested in the Ex since I never would have displayed the hatless portrait.

Grey all they way. Not that I have either. I just think the the Grey is the proper Gandalf and he also goes well with the Hobbit stuff.

Gandalf the Grey for sure and I wouldn't be too fussed about tracking down an EX, when would you ever display him without his pointy hat? :lol

GTG Ex. with out a doubt. Still the finest paint job I ever had on a premium format.

Yep, GTG PF for sure Lad. :wave

One of, if not the best Gandalf on the market today IMHO. :rock

GTG is more expensive than GTW for sure, but well worth it.

GTG_Hat_full_front.jpg

GTG_Hat_full_side.jpg

4_L_Port.jpg

4_R_Port.jpg

GTG_3-4_R_Port.jpg

Hat or no hat is up to you. :lol

Hope this helps mate. :hi5:

Thanks for the pics Bill!

Question for you guys that have the EX grey. I remember reading somewhere (another thread) there was something with the EX Gandalf that was different than the regular (not talking about the EX head).

Does anyone know if the regular's head is permanently attached? I remember reading that there was something different with the EX and the outer robe. Does anyone know what I'm referring to?

Back