Gandalf the white PF 360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's really that leg placement--- The clothing looks good and the sculpt is not too bad... The beard makes me go a little :confused: but I'll just keep an eye on it and see if it grows on me.

Actually in person the pose is much better. I felt the same way about the pose going out to the show but the movement in the pose in person is like wow. 2 me.

I'm going to take a wait and see approach.
I'm definitely not sold on the PF but my mind might change with a little time.

After seeing it in person, I still don't like the pose. I also thought the head was a little out of proportion but the shoulder issue brought up here could explain that. The apron also was kind of rigid and didn't seem to sit right. That being said, I still like the tailoring and I still think it's nice overall. I'd like to see how it looks with the sheathed Glamdring but regardless of that, I ordered at the show and have no intention of cancelling and am looking forward to receiving it. I will say that of the three PF's we currently have, Lurtz is by far #1 and I put Frodo ahead of Gandalf. The Elijah Wood likeness issue was never a problem for me.

One other thing is that this looks like it was painted by someone who knew what they were doing. There's some very nice shading in the face and I'm concerned that will all be lost when a factory worker has at it in a production setting.

The pose without Glamdring looked off 2 me from the pics with it the pose looked better but still is odd. That's my main head scratching area.

Besides the beard, I think the figure looks good. I really like the clothing on this one, especially the outer layers. Someone said the beard look like whipped cream which after thinking about it for a while, it really does.

Speaking of the beard...and moustache. Is SS going to be altering these for a more realistic look. I'm sure they are now aware of the concerns of collectors and I believe many board members were going to politely raise the issue as SDCC.

While I'm getting used to his face (the hair is just too flat for me), the pose is exceedingly odd. Is he pulling that right leg of his? Is he stepping up some stairs that aren't there? Is he dancing? Part of what makes it more unusual is that his legs are doing . . . um, whatever, but his back is straight and perfectly postured. It's very unusual and unnatural. if there was some movement in the back that flowed with his legs, or if his legs were in more of a standing pose, it might work. This just creates the illusion of his have very short legs and a long torso, which = weird!

The pose without Glamdring looked off 2 me from the pics with it the pose looked better but still is odd. That's my main head scratching area.

I agree. Gladmring is a must and I think he does not look well without it. With it he looks like he is about to swing at some orcs and with just his open hand he looks like he is about to bust a move.:D

While I'm getting used to his face (the hair is just too flat for me), the pose is exceedingly odd. Is he pulling that right leg of his? Is he stepping up some stairs that aren't there? Is he dancing? Part of what makes it more unusual is that his legs are doing . . . um, whatever, but his back is straight and perfectly postured. It's very unusual and unnatural. if there was some movement in the back that flowed with his legs, or if his legs were in more of a standing pose, it might work. This just creates the illusion of his have very short legs and a long torso, which = weird!

For anyone familiar with karate, he's almost adopting the "cat stance"; what that has to do with swordsmanship, I have absolutely no idea, but thats what it looks like (except that his leading foot should have the heel off to be a proper cat stance, but then it really would look extremely weird for a sword-fight!!)

I just got a few SW PFs to watch over my SW dioramas, as that's a special, separate display. I don't think I'll be collecting any of the LOTR PFs -- unless they make a particularly lovely Arwen, of course.

I'd still like to know what the SS reps at SDCC had to say when asked about making some changes to Gandalf's moustache and beard. :confused:

Back