Gandalf & Balrog GG mini bust edition sizes set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitchin

Red Five
Reaction score
Lord of the Rings

Gandalf mini bust - 3000 pieces

Balrog mini bust - 3000 pieces

Slowly creeping up...........1st two busts were 2000

I was considering getting some of these busts. But, now I'm not.

I'll stick with the Sideshow Weta ones.

I wish aragorn and ringwraith would ship already.....

nash said:
I wish aragorn and ringwraith would ship already.....

Aren't they scheduled for sometime next year?

How does GG set their ES's? It seems they put the item out for order for a few months and then the ES comes out. I'm sure it has something to do with how many get ordered in that time frame.

Not bad at all really, considering some of the 8-10K plus in their SW line.

Agent23 said:
I love your sig. Nash

:banana

Thanks Agent :)

I think 3000 es is just fine for LOTR. Any higher and it will be too much.

The only one I'm waiting on is the Saruman bust. I was just looking at pics from SDCC, and the more I look at the more I really like it. The others announced so far I'm not interested in. So with that, I think 3,000 might be a bit high in ES. 2,000 would have been fine.

I agree--the Saruman bust was one of the best GG items I have ever seen.

IMG_0017.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

When I saw the edition sizes on these, I was not surprised. Edition sizes are based on customer demand and purchases. The Balrog is fantastic. More like a mini statue then bust. Strider is also great and that little drawer everyone made fun of really blends into the base so it's not that obvious. Saurman is awesome. The eye of Sauron lights up. I saw them all in GG's dealer showroom last month.

Also Strider and the Ringwraith are coming out in January 2007 as per GG's updated release schedule.

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/release_schedule/

Thanks,
Mike

Wow! I didnt know the EoS lit up! I love how these LOTR busts are taking advantage of that feature making it a little more than just a static display piece. Sauron is definitely a great looking piece, as are all of the LOTR busts so far. Cant wait to see who's next.

After they announced that Gandalf's staff was going to light up, I had a hunch that Saruman's palantir would light up as well. I can't wait to order that one!

I have these all on order. Would of liked to see a smaller edition size. Most of Weta's were around 2000 and lower, but GG likes high editions. The Potter line has also increased.

Yeah, I'll be getting Saruman for sure along with most of the busts. The light up feature isn't my thing but if you don't use it nobody will know it's even there.

jlcmsu said:
Yeah, I'll be getting Saruman for sure along with most of the busts. The light up feature isn't my thing but if you don't use it nobody will know it's even there.

Exactly. How can anyone complain about something that's an option. I'm sure that's what's going to set these apart from GG's previous busts.

With a 50% increase in ES from the first two, I can already see Aragorn and the Ring Wraith's value going up :monkey3

Back