G.I. Joe Con 2012 New Orleans

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I speculate he'll top the $500 mark eventually, as there's only 600 total and that's what the yellow stalker and the Roddy can get when not flooded. I was one of the first to grab him at $140 and even tried getting multiples but didn't bid enough on the others.
Definitely watching the Collector's Club though, there's 13 carded figs with the 25th style to be released this year.

I have a side project going on where I'm reproducing custom carded figs that are 1/6 scale. It's kind of like if your 12 inch figs are holding carded 3 3/4 figs. Confusing to describe, best to say they are small! The first few release years would fit on one regular sized card. (1/108th) I just love the original art!

I have a side project going on where I'm reproducing custom carded figs that are 1/6 scale. It's kind of like if your 12 inch figs are holding carded 3 3/4 figs. Confusing to describe, best to say they are small! The first few release years would fit on one regular sized card. (1/108th) I just love the original art!

Seriously? PLEASE post some pics! Great idea, and I'd be interested in buying a 1/108 Snake-Eyes off ya for sure!

Also: anyone hear about how BotCon is restricting items sold on the sales floor to Hasbro-licensed items only? No bootlegs, no 3rd party items. Wondering if JoeCon will go the SE route. That would especially suck...

Also: anyone hear about how BotCon is restricting items sold on the sales floor to Hasbro-licensed items only? No bootlegs, no 3rd party items. Wondering if JoeCon will go the SE route. That would especially suck...

Yeah, it sucks, but doesn't bother me since I don't go to Botcon. I do love the TF third party stuff though, so I sympathize with the attendees.

I hope Hasbro doesn't do the same for Joe Con. I don't see why they would, since there's really barely any third party GI Joe items out there anyway, but I could see it as part of some company-wide blanket policy... The only third party guy who has a major presence there is Marauder John, but certainly Hasbro has no claim over 1/18 scale weaponry.

If that SK Omega thing actually pans out... maybe. Been a long time since I've heard anything about that though.

I'm not a BotCon guy either, but I think both are run by the Clubs, which are owned by the same company and are in a business relationship with Hasbro.

I take it to mean they won't let ANYTHING on the sales floor that isn't a Hasbro-licenses product. At JoeCon, that would mean no DiD, HotToys, CyGirl, 3rd party weapons, whatever. Lots of vendors offer more than GIJoe stuff, right.

I'm not a BotCon guy either, but I think both are run by the Clubs, which are owned by the same company and are in a business relationship with Hasbro.

I take it to mean they won't let ANYTHING on the sales floor that isn't a Hasbro-licenses product. At JoeCon, that would mean no DiD, HotToys, CyGirl, 3rd party weapons, whatever. Lots of vendors offer more than GIJoe stuff, right.

Yeah, it really wouldn't work for the 12" collectors, would it?

I think there was some Botcon rule that a certain percentage had to be Transformers related, but you could still sell other toys.

I don't think that is changing. It's really just the stuff that - according to them, anyway - infringes on intellectual property. Basically, any non-Hasbro Transformer that looks like a Hasbro character.

Can someone please fire this incompetent running the show at the GI Joe Collector's club?

I dunno how many retarded emails this guy sends me. I signed up for a membership...that's as far as I made it. What a mistake...I guess I was expecting the ship would have been ran a little tighter.

How many times does he need to remind people to renew only to backtrack to fix the "confusion"... No chance in hell am I renewing...not under this guy's watch.

Sorry for my rant...I knew a few of you sorta like him...but he's really getting to be annoying.

Can someone please fire this incompetent running the show at the GI Joe Collector's club?

I dunno how many retarded emails this guy sends me. I signed up for a membership...that's as far as I made it. What a mistake...I guess I was expecting the ship would have been ran a little tighter.

How many times does he need to remind people to renew only to backtrack to fix the "confusion"... No chance in hell am I renewing...not under this guy's watch.

Sorry for my rant...I knew a few of you sorta like him...but he's really getting to be annoying.

The deadline for the subscription service to get the free fig was set as Mar 1st, I believe. Suddenly you could not register online due to some type of security breach close to the deadline. Last I checked, I was still unable to register due to someone hacking their system. I am with you, as much as I would like to do business with them, I also don't want my Credit Card # stolen. I would think that that type of breach would be a priority and be fixed rather quickly, days and not weeks.

Well, I certainly don't know how easy/difficult running a business like that would be... but yeah, that credit card issue seems like it could have been handled a lot better, to say the least.

The Club has always seemed to be a little... backward... in terms of technology. I mean, they STILL don't take Paypal. And I remember having to FAX or MAIL in info for the two conventions I went to. WTF is that all about?

Seems like that somewhat lackadaisical attitude bit them in the a$$ eventually.

But... both conventions I went to were run very, very well. I had a blast, and I hope to go to this year's as well. And the products they've done have been really good on the whole. I admit that I've skipped on some sets, but the last few have been all winners as far as I'm concerned. I do appreciate what they're doing.

The TF stuff though... I've never really been interested in. But then again I'm much more of a casual fan when it comes to TFs. No need for Shattered Glass and all that nonsense. Just G1 and Prime for me. Well, and Beast Wars, but I consider that part of G1. :)

No doubt I'm glad someone was willing to take this on and I still would like to be apart of it, but you would think someone responsible for representing a license wouldn't be so inept.

There really isn't much distinction between a "publication" mishandling their business as there would an ebay seller or SSF collector. Since Hasbro has publicly issued a statement of support for Fun Publications this will just be swept under the rug for most and not even mentioned for the newcomer, even if the customer is at risk of theft.

My feedback with the club is that I feel ripped off and that isn't a boundary too easy to cross with me. Much like anyone though, once it is crossed you can't go back to un ___c it.

I've had to contact them 3 times since joining over not getting the magazine and I still haven't got the ones I missed out on. On top of that I had contact them to ask why I wasn't recognized as an officer membership about a month after being one.

Then the CC breach, which is what everyone fears with online shopping, was just shrugged off and passed off to be a normal experience and risk of doing business. (even if that is slightly true) making it up to those grieved by it is in order. Hell even Sony did that much.

Back