G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried out GI Joe Classifieds for the first time and I do like them! The first one I got was Zarana and Snake Eyes showed up as well. The other characters are still in transit but I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy them all as well!

Fun video! Zarana is known to loose her arms easily.
You can fix the issue by putting a little UV glue on the peg to build up the peg thickness, that's how I fixed mine.

My Hiss Tank is finally shipping!
Looks like I'll have it sometime next week. I'm unboxing the Tank, I'm not sure if all the figures can be removed and nicely put back later, the Cobra Commander is a on Retro card, you have to destroy the packaging to free the figure. That'll stay in MOC, the others, I don't know.
Pretty sure the others are like the rest of the current plastic free packaging. If you take your time you can free them and place them back without destroying anything. Yeah, Coco is in the must destroy to open retro packaging.

Pretty sure the others are like the rest of the current plastic free packaging. If you take your time you can free them and place them back without destroying anything. Yeah, Coco is in the must destroy to open retro packaging.

I recently bought a Black Series lightsaber ( 1:1 scale) as a gift for someone, and to be honest, it kind of stressed me out a bit. It was a blind box, with that plastic free packaging. So I had to really inspect the simple Scotch tape on the sides, and even then, thinking about it, I slit the tape , and slide it all out, to make sure what was inside was supposed to be inside, and not just someone's return where they swapped it out for vacuum cleaner parts. The benefit of the weird little rolled paper "twist ties" was you could basically repackage everything the way you found it. The bad part was these things are at a price point where you don't want to eat a swap out loss like that. Also, if I had to return it, there is no doubt in my mind that the counter person would assume I swapped it out at home then tried to return some vacuum cleaner parts myself and tried to say someone else did it before me. Then what happens? Every time I go into the store, they follow you or give you the stink eye? Which could have all been alleviated with just a little bit of plastic, just enough to form a window so someone can see that the lightsaber was inside or not.

Obviously the irony behind this all gets more and more ridiculous. These toys are made of plastic. Then these brands are pumping out toys that no one wants like Wakanda Forever and Eternals and Shang Chi, that can't even move at discount clearance centers. How bad is it for the environment to make stuff that can't sell that's plastic, then shovel it into a plastic free container? I found out that toys that truly cannot move period, are ground down and the plastic is recycled. OK, how much gasoline and fuel is spent dragging that dead weight along, from location to location before it needs to be ground up? How can that be good for the environment?

The only answer I can come up with is the person who conceived this virtue signaling blind box bull **** is someone who is clearly NOT a collector. No real hobbyist nor toy collector would even begin to think blind boxing makes any sense at all. Damn suits.

On an aside, I grew up and played with some rough kids, Buttmunch. If you called their Cobra Commander as "Coco", they'd probably stab you. :lol

They'd probably also stab me for bringing you to their house in the first place. :lol

Then they'd stab us both again for wasting two perfectly good Capri Suns on both of us. :medic

Half the kids I grew up with are dead now. The other half who survived were likely the ones who killed them. I guess sharing your GI Joes only goes so far once you grow up.

Yeah Hasbro clearly did no marketing research on the plastic free packaging. The Marvel and Star Wars teams did an awful job at adapting their packaging. GI Joe actually did really well given the restriction. They worked with the design rather than been frustrated by it. I’m not sad to see it go whatsoever though. It was clearly a suit idea of trying to look greener but as you said they’re in the plastic business. Surely the amount used in the packaging is negligible to the overall amount used per item.

I admit I don’t call the dear Commander Coco out loud but he’s got such a long name to type out :lol

Really excited to see how the Hiss turned out. By all accounts it’s even better than the prototypes we saw during the campaign.

Fun video! Zarana is known to loose her arms easily.
You can fix the issue by putting a little UV glue on the peg to build up the peg thickness, that's how I fixed mine.

Thanks! Yeah that was the first "feature" I noticed from her which amused me lol!

Black Friday Stuff finally arrived!

I’m excited for the name only reveals for Leatherneck and Zandar.

I’m going to pick up pre-orders for Duke, Scarlett, Recondo, Big Boa, Airborne and a couple of Techno-Vipers!

I’m excited for the name only reveals for Leatherneck and Zandar.

I’m going to pick up pre-orders for Duke, Scarlett, Recondo, Big Boa, Airborne and a couple of Techno-Vipers!
Were there any digital renders and other name drops?

The other name reveals are Starduster and Nemesis Immortal (Nemesis Enforcer from Cobra-La).

I don't know if Cobra-La will sell well. And the unique parts might be difficult to port over to other figures ( i.e. apparently Stalker's body type was reused based on some reviews I've watched on video, to save production costs) I suppose it depends how cool it looks at the Classified level. However the original Cobra-La IIRC was built upon "organics" I just don't know if that can translate well. I'm open to being pleasantly surprised though.

I don't think they'll release the Cobra La figures seperately. Set will most likely be a Pulse exclusive and hopefully on a ginormous card that mimics the OG

I had to switch my HISS tank to hold for pickup since it was signature required and I didn't want to release it to sit on my porch all day. This has apparently caused a fracture in the FedEx universe that they have no idea how to repair. It's here, it's there, it's ready for pickup, SIKE, it's back out for delivery, delay. My shipment progress looks like a freaking CVS receipt.

I had to switch my HISS tank to hold for pickup since it was signature required and I didn't want to release it to sit on my porch all day. This has apparently caused a fracture in the FedEx universe that they have no idea how to repair. It's here, it's there, it's ready for pickup, SIKE, it's back out for delivery, delay. My shipment progress looks like a freaking CVS receipt.
I know man, it's dumb A.F. I don't recall signing for the HasLab Galactus, yet I had to for the H.I.S.S. Never mind the fact that when I missed the delivery on Sunday, I had other FedEx packages as part of the same delivery but noooo - this one must be signed for. Obviously not FedEx's fault (per se) but they could as least offer a signature release like UPS does which I've not seen for FE.

I knew I should have shipped it to my office when I placed the order...I was high on GOTTAHAVEITS and wasn't thinking straight lol.

When FedEx failed to deliver my HISS on Sunday, I had to put it on ‘vacation hold’ until my wife could sign for it today.

Back