G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree Robo seems to be a good guy, but like what Scorpio said, I would probably not let anyone know. I understand the YouTube ratings and whatnot, but I wouldn't want the backlash that may be coming Robo's way. I hope he doesn't get any backlash because he seems to be a decent fellow.
In regards to the Bludd on eBay, the auction ended with a "no longer available" message. I noticed of the three that were on eBay, all were located in Murfeesboro, TN.

Also, since YouTube is mentioned...who do you guys watch?
I watch Shartimus Prime, Fwoosh/Robo, Daredevil 19, Pixel Dan, D Amazing, DCSG 81, AnthonysCustoms, and Dstar01.

I don't see how anyone could blame Robo, he was sent one by a fan. I also don't think angry fanboy criticism would effect Robo much.

I watch Fwoosh, AnthonysCustoms, RetroBlasting, Toy Galaxy, Daredevil 19, D Amazing, Analog Toys and MCUcollector24. And I'll watch Valaverse or Rektangular when they post videos. Only occasionally I'll watch The Review Spot, Jay C (TNI), Pixel Dan, and DeanKnight333.
Not to mention all the Lego or Mega Construx channels I watch.
Hate Shartimus, he's disgusting.

I recommend Spector Creative which is Scott Neitlich, the former brand manager of MOTU and DCU Classics. I never collected any of those but he has great insight on toy production.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg_CCOtabpHyZyCQkB8NsuQ

I've got no problem with Robo/Fwoosh at all. I check out his videos from time to time. All I'm saying is despite us living in a "Hey! Look at me!" society, I would be more than hesitant to post a product online that the company themselves haven't even officially announced yet. If a multi-million dollar chain store like Target is afraid of street date penalties (for the most part), what would stop Hasbro from going after a YouTuber if they wanted to? I'm not even talking about legal suits or videos taken down, more of a long term punishment. If that site wasn't on their radar now, it most certainly is now. Who knows? Maybe Hasbro doesn't give a flying F about this whole thing with the Bludd leak. And then there's the crazy ass toxic part of the community. Hopefully, Robo carefully opens any mail he receives at his PO Box. And if he didn't before, he sure as hell should now.

I am subscribed to Michael Mercy, Toy Galaxy, What's On Joe Mind, Joe Fan 82, Full Force Podcast and TheArtistShArK. Since I basically just collect GIJOE now, those are the channels I check out regularly. There are other creator content I check out from time to time to keep abreast of other toy lines.

Reopening old wounds....way to go Hasbro. Why not do a pre-order window like Regal CC and Fortnite Snake Eyes? I'm sure you all can work that out with Target. Target can barely handle pre-orders anyways.

I mostly watch Shartimus, AnthonysCustoms, and recently ToyGalaxy but mostly for their throwback history videos...which are VERY well done. I've warmed up to Robo/Fwoosh as well and he's been increasing his quality. I know it's a lot of work but I tend to enjoy the "professionalism/polished" look of reviews.

-Shartimus is probably the most polished and entertaining reviewer in my opinion. He keeps his reviews short and concise which I like, not wasting too much time on packaging like some other reviewers and not wasting too much time on needless stuff (like some accessories). I also like that he's built up some "characters" like the angry nerd and Big Time Spider-man. My only gripes is that he sometimes overly gushes over certain features or figures when it's clear they're crap or something is unacceptable, he should hold Hasbro, Mattel, Hot Toys, etc. a little more accountable and use a little heavier (yet professional) language. I think if he changed his name ("Shart" is a little childish at this point)..he might be able to brand himself a little better. But it can be tough to do such a change when he's been "Shartimus" for years.

-AnthonysCustoms - I wish more people followed him because he is the most brutally honest reviewer. He's probably my favorite overall because of that and he doesn't shill for the companies like some other reviewers do. He's even commented that the only "big" company that appreciates his honest reviews is NECA, while other companies have stopped sending him review material because of his honesty. I know some people don't like his personality because they think he's pretentious or whatever but when something sucks or doesn't look/work right...he lets you know and as a collector, I appreciate that. Some people say he is too negative but if you've watching some of his videos over the past 2-3 months he has been more positive about some really good figures. You can see how his collecting and experience pays off because he customizes and has even been working on his own toy line.

-Toy Galaxy Dan dived into a big pond with A LOT of polish and well-edited videos, but I think he struggled with viewership because there's so many toy reviewers. I'm sorry, HE might be the most polished of them all (along with his editors). But I think he did the smart thing by moving his videos towards the "toy/pop history" angle because the competition for views for toy reviewers is too large. And those videos are fantastic and well done, kudos to him and his team on that because his subscribers have gone up so he might have found his niche. It's basically the condensed, YouTube version of "The Toys that Made Us" Netflix series. You can see how his toy reviews had low viewer counts, but all his "History of (insert_TOY/CARTOON/SHOW_here)" videos are VERY popular. I really enjoy them because of the nostalgia, memories, and he does a lot of great work on the videos.

-Fwoosh: Robo I find is a good middle ground between Shartimus and AnthonysCustoms. He's not a brutal as Anthony, but he doesn't get as gushy as Shartimus (OK, maybe sometimes). He also covers a wide array of stuff which I enjoy as both Shartimus and Anthony cover some stuff I don't care about and that's OK. I enjoy his news bits more and more and his videos have gotten better as it appears he's gotten some better cameras (I like the shots of him at the review station talking to you, feels a bit more personal). Good job Robo, keep it up.

I've got no problem with Robo/Fwoosh at all. I check out his videos from time to time. All I'm saying is despite us living in a "Hey! Look at me!" society, I would be more than hesitant to post a product online that the company themselves haven't even officially announced yet. If a multi-million dollar chain store like Target is afraid of street date penalties (for the most part), what would stop Hasbro from going after a YouTuber if they wanted to? I'm not even talking about legal suits or videos taken down, more of a long term punishment. If that site wasn't on their radar now, it most certainly is now. Who knows? Maybe Hasbro doesn't give a flying F about this whole thing with the Bludd leak. And then there's the crazy ass toxic part of the community. Hopefully, Robo carefully opens any mail he receives at his PO Box. And if he didn't before, he sure as hell should now.

I am subscribed to Michael Mercy, Toy Galaxy, What's On Joe Mind, Joe Fan 82, Full Force Podcast and TheArtistShArK. Since I basically just collect GIJOE now, those are the channels I check out regularly. There are other creator content I check out from time to time to keep abreast of other toy lines.

Gotcha. The Fwoosh seems to me to be one of the top toy websites out there so I think Hasbro will just chock it up to free advertising and try to figure out how these became available early.
If you like Joe stuff, check out Retroblasting which does all the 80's toys and a lot of 80's TV show retrospectives. Very similar in style to Toy Galaxy but been around for a lot longer.

There's now rumors that Barbecue is the next Target exclusive and possibly the Alley Viper as well. I just hope they keep them to singular characters and not army builders, that should make them a bit easier to grab.

The rumors of Barbecue and Alley Vipers coming soon are nothing new (maybe new to this thread though?) and been around for a few months already. Barbecue has been found on Target ZEBRA device listings (along with Bludd) and the Alley Viper is clearly seen on the back of the boxes in the art work.

But yes, if they go with single characters that should ease stuff "a little". I found Firefly much easier and saw him more times than the Viper (only saw Vipers twice at stores). But with the price jumps on Beach head I feel all scalpers are going to pick all single characters up.

Last year around this time, I looked forward to buying/collecting this series. I ordered X number of the exclusive SNAKE EYES figures from Hasbro directly, but all of the figures from this line was impossible to find in my area due to rabid pick up by scalpers. The rest of the line that followed was an utter disappointment in terms of any reasonable procurement on a retail level.

A ZOOM conference meeting that aired with the those responsible/in power at Hasbro simply blamed all the problems on COVID-19 as if they couldn't do no wrong.

Hasbro failed GI JOE collectors again.

A ZOOM conference meeting that aired with the those responsible/in power at Hasbro simply blamed all the problems on COVID-19 as if they couldn't do no wrong.

Hasbro failed GI JOE collectors again.

Its always one excuse after the other with those overseeing the Joe line. COVID didn't seem to keep their other lines
from being easily obtainable by comparison. I can completely understand why many collectors are now abandoning
the line.

Its always one excuse after the other with those overseeing the Joe line. COVID didn't seem to keep their other lines
from being easily obtainable by comparison. I can completely understand why many collectors are now abandoning
the line.

--

I don't recollect the amount and intensity of absolute frustration and hatred directed at Hasbro AND scalpers experienced with the GI JOE line with regards to how the CLASSIFIED line is being handled for distribution.

It's appalling.

The animosity and vitriol directed at Hasbro and the scalpers are justified. I don't have animosity against fellow collectors who simply want one and lucked out, but the reality is ALL collectors are pretty much screwed over who want a complete collection at a reasonable price of retail.

If the GI JOE CLASSIFIED line dies along with GI JOE as a whole, Hasbro will blame lack of interest, etc. like they did before asides from blaming themselves in terms of marketing, production, and distribution.

We might as well lube up and assume the position in terms of buying the eventual 1:12 line from Mezco starting with Destro (if it is not sold out already). Collecting figures from Mezco would be easier than the retail idiocy from Hasbro.

What a joke that HasbroPulse did for exclusive offer for premium members on the firefly and viper, only to have them sell out before you can order :gah:

Visited a local Target yesterday, the new redeco Joes are hitting locally (KC). All they had was 2 Roadblocks, Never picked up the first version so I was happy to get this one instead, vast improvement on the original. But watch the eye paint, the one I left on the peg looked bad.
Now all I need is the redeco Scarlet.

Last edited:
Oh cool....can I buy one? I still don't have one.

--

No.

Because . . .

1. I don't meet the requirements to sell within this group and that's fine.

2. The rampancy of scumbag buyers exploded online where they buy it and then claim it's not what they purchased or switch it out with something and submit a claim/dispute with PayPal, eBay, their credit card, etc. and the honest seller gets screwed over.

3. I'm not going to risk selling outside this group either due to #2.

4. I'm not going to list it on eBay either due to #2.

5. If I attended a show to sell it in person . . . so many idiot low ball offers from buyers believing they can fool/scam me. No thanks. I don't attend shows anymore due to COVID-19 and none in my area.

SO . . .

I'm stuck with the figures still in the shipping case from Hasbro Pulse. I'll just burn them in a bonfire and live stream it on YouTube as a FU to Hasbro, scalpers, and scumbag scamming buyers/collectors in general.

No. I am not directly or implying you're any of the preceding. Just stating why I'm not selling any to anyone under any circumstances due to unwanted problems.

--

I don't recollect the amount and intensity of absolute frustration and hatred directed at Hasbro AND scalpers experienced with the GI JOE line with regards to how the CLASSIFIED line is being handled for distribution.

It's appalling.

The animosity and vitriol directed at Hasbro and the scalpers are justified. I don't have animosity against fellow collectors who simply want one and lucked out, but the reality is ALL collectors are pretty much screwed over who want a complete collection at a reasonable price of retail.

If the GI JOE CLASSIFIED line dies along with GI JOE as a whole, Hasbro will blame lack of interest, etc. like they did before asides from blaming themselves in terms of marketing, production, and distribution.

G.I. Joe Classified line won't die, and as real fans, we should support it. I try to as much as I can. Even if we want certain pieces and can't get them, I still buy what I can. Classified Flint and Lady Jaye look awesome as does the new Duke/Scarlet/Roadblock color-scheme (although I didn't mind the old color scheme at all.)

Also, have you seen all the Joe figures, licenses, movies, games, books in the works?! The word about the new Joe movie is that it's seriously awesome. The Classified line is doing well. The only criticism I have of Hasbro is my hoping that they do a larger second run of the Cobra Island stuff. Everything else has been great and attitude of gratitude on this Joe/Cobra fan. You can find a lot of Classified stuff at your local LCS or BBTS or DorkSideToys or Entertainment Earth or many other websites. Stay positive even though sometimes collecting is frustrating. :)

BBTS got my Zartan, Lady J and Cobra trooper in my Pile of Loot

Now I don’t have to hunt for them

Back