G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a Firefly this morning. They had a limit of one to hold for customers at the location I called, which seemed reasonable. No Cobra Vipers around here yet.

Hey least appearing in the US. No idea when or If appearing over here in the UK lol

Always a patients Game really.

Noticed on FB it is Getting Crazy and vindictive just like the First time around with the Cobra Island.

Hasbro purposely doing this. Trying to make Cheap figures worth something more.

I am seriously considering just selling my Joes and focusing on lines that aren’t such a headache to collect. I’m getting too old for this.

That was one icy, foggy dark hellscape I had to venture through this morning!
I went to one Target that opened 20 miles away and they sold out just as I walked in; overhearing an employee saying to another "If anyone calls in about the GI Joe figures, we're now sold out" Apparently there was a line of people waiting in the cold darkness for their precious Vipers.
So I got in line in the cold darkness at the next Target that opened in 20 minutes, an employee came out and confirmed that they have 6 and they'll hold them at the electronics section for the people waiting there to buy once they open, limit one per customer. Unfortunately I was number 7.
After checking the store out, I checked my phone and another store 8 miles from there said they had some, called and they had just one left, got it reserved by an awesome employee and got my one Viper!
I called a second store nearby after that and they reserved their last one for someone else, apparently two got reserved there and the other 4 were bought by one dude.
One box with 6 figures per store at the moment, no sign of Firefly anywhere local (KC).
This is a headache, and after slipping on some ice at the first store, a shoulder, hip, and knee ache too!

Hope I get just one more, but I'm happy to have at least one!

4727774C-B2BF-4157-AE56-32DE6536510D.jpgD0645244-1737-4041-92A2-EFFDF3E94574.jpg

If anyone here is somehow able to snag an extra Firefly or Viper please let me know!

I can't visit Target this week because of work, so it seems like I'll be missing these entirely. ****.

I got Firefly and my Vipers. Still hunting for more Vipers.

Vipers was 100% luck...I slept in on release day and headed out around 9 AM. Hit up two Targets with no luck as expected. Decided to just randomly hit up one of my local Targets. I checked the action figure aisle and nothing as expected. But I loomed around like I usually do for a bit, checked the video game section, and I saw a Target employee go down the action figure aisle and come back. Something told me to just check again and I did. Nothing on the pegs, but right below..boom, I guess the employee just stocked 5 Vipers. No other collectors around so I snagged them all for my army. Usually if there's other collectors around I'm happy to share, but when no one is there, it's fair game. So about 9:45 AM, I got the Vipers...100% luck.

@big guy ...yes, unfortunately the Facebook Joe groups are getting VERY toxic. The groups with lots of members are poorly moderated (the admins don't do anything...) and they have lots of complainers, whiners, casual fans, and of course...scalpers. It's funny when you see a Viper for sale on Facebook Marketplace and then notice the member selling it is also part of the Facebook group.

They’re just limiting the number they’d be able to sell. Many would buy 6 or so of these but now most of us would be happy with just one or two - if we even get lucky with that. If they’d stock these to meet demand, yeah, it’s not a bad idea. But underproducing an already underproduced line is bad business. We can only hope Target reorders or better yet, washes their hands of these so Hasbro can re-release them through fan channels like their previous Star Wars Target exclusives are.

The ONLY figure I own from this line is the deluxe / exclusive edition of SNAKE EYES.

Due to the Target exclusive fiasco, I simply choose not to support the line.

Hasbro utterly failed in terms of doing the right thing with this line.

Yes. GI JOE FB groups are toxic right, wrong, and indifferent as much as this forum is as well.

Give it a while longer before the toxicity reaches another milestone with threezero’s 1:6 GI JOE offerings beyond SNAKE EYES & STORM SHADOW.

They’re just limiting the number they’d be able to sell. Many would buy 6 or so of these but now most of us would be happy with just one or two - if we even get lucky with that. If they’d stock these to meet demand, yeah, it’s not a bad idea. But underproducing an already underproduced line is bad business. We can only hope Target reorders or better yet, washes their hands of these so Hasbro can re-release them through fan channels like their previous Star Wars Target exclusives are.

I'm wondering if Hasbro is purposely doing this. Trying to create some artificial scarcity behind this line because it virtually
makes no sense to make a Troop builder a store exclusive with very limited quantities. Hasbro seems to be only doing it
with this particular toyline yet their other lines are easier to acquire.

I don't think artificial scarcity is the reason.
I think Hasbro had no faith that this line would sell at all, so they got Target to support the line by carrying exclusives that wouldn't see the light of day without exclusivity. The deal they made with Target would be for a certain duration, possibly for three waves of Cobra Island; well past the point that Hasbro discovers these are a huge hit, and the characters exclusive to these waves was locked in before release.
It's also possible that the amount Hasbro could make of the exclusives is limited by the deal with Target (Target only bought a specific amount and doesn't care if fans want more).
Hasbro re-releasing the Trooper with accessories removed and different paint apps could be caused by the contract with Target; Target exclusives must be unique in some way from future regular releases.

The situation sucks, and might suck in the possible third wave of Cobra Island.

I don't think artificial scarcity is the reason.
I think Hasbro had no faith that this line would sell at all, so they got Target to support the line by carrying exclusives that wouldn't see the light of day without exclusivity. The deal they made with Target would be for a certain duration, possibly for three waves of Cobra Island; well past the point that Hasbro discovers these are a huge hit, and the characters exclusive to these waves was locked in before release.
It's also possible that the amount Hasbro could make of the exclusives is limited by the deal with Target (Target only bought a specific amount and doesn't care if fans want more).
Hasbro re-releasing the Trooper with accessories removed and different paint apps could be caused by the contract with Target; Target exclusives must be unique in some way from future regular releases.

The situation sucks, and might suck in the possible third wave of Cobra Island.

Oh, I see. well its unfortunate that Hasbro didn't even have enough faith in their own brand that
they're essentially handicapping it before it got fully off the ground.

It’s hard for me to complain in the grand scheme of life about toys and. I always feel dumb bitching and moaning about stupid stuff like this. Having said that, toy collecting should be a zero stress fun hobby and this just isn’t worth the time or trouble worrying about hunting down elusive army builders. I’m selling my collection to make way for the McFarlane DC toy line which, in my opinion, blows the GI Joe line out of the water. I had a good run with these but I’m not really abandoning them as much as they abandoned me.

Unless things get better real fast, I think I might be dropping this line after Zartan and Lady Jaye drop. This is too much unneeded stress.

It?s hard for me to complain in the grand scheme of life about toys and. I always feel dumb bitching and moaning about stupid stuff like this. Having said that, toy collecting should be a zero stress fun hobby and this just isn?t worth the time or trouble worrying about hunting down elusive army builders. I?m selling my collection to make way for the McFarlane DC toy line which, in my opinion, blows the GI Joe line out of the water. I had a good run with these but I?m not really abandoning them as much as they abandoned me.

My sentiments exactly. One has to always maintain the balance view that this is merely a hobby, nothing more. Years ago
the only real issue collectors had to face was simply going to multiple stores, there was a bit of novelty in toy hunting because
you would eventually be rewarded. These days however even that has become frustrating and in vain. When it gets to the point
of no longer being fun its time to step back.

Unless things get better real fast, I think I might be dropping this line after Zartan and Lady Jaye drop. This is too much unneeded stress.

I'm going to wait it out for 2021, see if things pick up and revisit. Hopefully
we see some tangible by then.

Last edited:
Back