G.I. Joe and Transformers win four best-worst Razzie awards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

action-Jon

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Heh. GI Joe deserved more awards......oh well. I still loved TF 2...but I cant say it didnt deserve those razzies. :lol

Gi Joe should win a lifetime acheivement award for worst movie, TF2 isnt that far behind it either...

I chuckled as well. One of the commenters on enewsi said "Bayformers", I found that funny as well.

No thanks. Not when there are directors whose films make even more money and are actually good movies that respect the source material.

There's a reason these guys keep making movies, and it's because their movies make money. Lots and lots of money. We can talk about respecting the source material, but I find it difficult to believe most people buying tickets for Transformers 2 have any expectations in the script department. The kind of people who care about source material ... well, let's face it, they're going to go anyway and moan about it online afterward.

So yeah, if you're a studio interested in making money, the moral is "Razzies mean nothing, hand what we can to Michael Bay and Stephen Sommers."

:)

Aw man gi joe was horrible, did anybody else throw up when cobra said you and what army, and duke said this army and gi joe shows up behind him. Uggh

So yeah, if you're a studio interested in making money, the moral is "Razzies mean nothing, hand what we can to Michael Bay and Stephen Sommers."

:)

No, if I were a studio I'd still give my properties to James Cameron, Peter Jackson, Chris Nolan, Sam Raimi, etc., etc. Why offer it to someone who's going to make a crappy movie with less profits.

No, if I were a studio I'd still give my properties to James Cameron, Peter Jackson, Chris Nolan, Sam Raimi, etc., etc. Why offer it to someone who's going to make a crappy movie with less profits.
I dunno. Obviously it would be better for us if a serious film-maker with some real talent dealt with these properties, but at this point the powers that be know for a fact that ____ty film-makers can make real money with these things. Could a Sam Raimi make a great, money-making Transformers movie? Possibly. But we know that Bay can, and is willing to keep doing it as long as the profits can keep paying for his cocaine habit, fast cars, fast women, etc. These companies are pretty dang risk-averse, and understand, I'm sure, that the films made by the guys you list are far different than what they would probably crank out with a GI Joe or Transformers flick. Whatever that might be.

Because studios like to release more than one film a year, and they know quality is generally irrelevant to profit. Everyone on your list has made films that failed either artistically or financially. It doesn't matter. All that matters is making money. Bay and Sommers have a proven track record of doing that, and they'll keep making movies until people stop going to see them.

If you saw Transformers 2 and GI Joe you are part of the problem. :)

I love Michael Bay. He's awesome. Dont care what anyone says. But as a fan of his, ROTF was not his finest hour. :)

Funny how the Gi joe apologists from last year, that said wait till the movie comes out, all disappeared from this site..

And Transformers were crap too.Both of them.

Biggest RAH Joe fan here
Well, maybe, after yours truly of course :peace

I actually tried to watch the thing, but couldn't make it all the way. I almost got half way through, and it just became too much to bear. I did learn my lesson from the first Transformers film, though, and will probably never even attempt to watch the sequel.

Back