Fuzzy pink sweater Willow...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gooball

We knew tid-bits due to the 'accidental' posting of details on the site, but according to a post on btvsfigs fuzzy pink sweater Willow is coming and will be an exclusive to Sideshow's site.

Now, this is where the begging comes in. Can you please, please, please include an alternate head? Naturally the regular head would be 'normal Willow', but the alternate head would be Vampire Willow in her 'human' form. Not only will this be awesome in terms of representing the episode - as she switched costumes - but it would also provide us with a 'human Vampire Willow' head to put on the upcoming Vampire Willow.

One think I'm curious, though, is the the apparent detail that the figure will be exclusive to Sideshow's site. This leads me to think that it will be a 'niche' figure. i.e. Vampire Willow with her human head after she switched clothes. I mean, if it were a completely regular Willow surely it would be available everywhere?

Anyway, thanks for reading. If any light can be shed on the matter that would be extremely appreciate. :hat

p.s. Just in case anyone is wondering, the differences between a 'regular Willow head' and a 'human form Vampire Willow head' are the hair, the fact that the face is much paler (as is the case with Vampires), the makeup and finally a devious expression.

I wouldn't believe it if it were posted with no reference, but apparently it's in the latest Buffy mag. :eek

Pretty much all of it fits in with stuff we already knew as well. But now that it seems confirmed the questioning can start ;) .

It is in the latest Buffy Mag # ahhh heck I can't remember. Have to check later. This would be a great figure though.

Again, not knowing anything about what the mag said, but perhaps it could mean the human Willow will be like Spike and Faith with an online exclusive accessory? I can't imagine regular Willow would be totally an online exclusive like Jaws or Q, you're right that wouldn't make sense.

A little birdie told me...

Must... keep... lips... tightly... sealed.

Brant

Iluvdoppleganglandepisodetoo

Re: A little birdie told me...

Any more details on the magazine with this info? Who's on the cover and name of article?

dstephan, here's what I read:

I don't think this has been posted, but in the new Buffy magazine, they talk about the regular Willow figure. They say there will be two Doppelgangland Willows... one vampire, and one with the pink fluffy sweater, which will only be available through Sideshow's site. There's some scoop for you!
btvsfigs.proboards22.com/...1079316829

I guess a scan would be really useful...

Okay, I went out and bought the Buffy magazine on the stands and the only thing figure related in it was a way out of date article about MAC's Buffy line.

But I noticed in the back that the new issue comes out March 23, so maybe that person got the issue early and it's in that.

While I think Willow in that outfit in the series is a very cool classic Willow outfit, I'm kinda hoping it's not the figure being released. First of all in that episode with the fuzzy pink sweater she had on stockings and a dress which would hamper poseability. I think of these figures as movable statues and display them as such changing the pose occasionally. That outfit would also mean with the stockings we'd see the first female shoes made seperately from the figure. I kinda hope the scooby gang is released in their "helping patrol" outfits from episodes. Kinda like a Giles in a three peice suit, yes he wore it often but later in the series he was more casual and more active in the "vamp hunts" and much cooler.
Oh well I guess I'll have to wait with everyone else since we don't know with a 100% guarentee that Will is even next.
Murderofcrows71

Fuzzypink sweater wilow

Yeah, I rushed out and bought the Buffy mag too and couldn't fnd anything, but then this was the Brit Buffy mag so probably different. You can't even get Tomarts here (up to date anyway). Whatever! If any human Willow is released, I will buy it.......and Giles, Xander, etc etc

Re: Fuzzypink sweater wilow

Hey guys, a bit of an update on the magazine article. This is what Romy from action-figure.com's board posted today:

There is going to be an exclusive Willow, only avaiable through their website. It's going to be Normal Willow with fuzzy sweater, so she is from Dopplegangland.

They also have plans for other characters this year, but they haven't revealed anything about that yet. Even some monsters...

The reason Faith and Vamp Will. are not so good in likeness is because their sculpt didn't do with the whole computer scanning process. Sideshow said that the future figures will be a mix of both comp and hand.

Source: Buffy magazine no 12, April, 2004.

I said to her that I didn't think the information was fully correct, but then she said that Brant was interviewed for the article. I wonder why he's being so secretive in here?... :b I'm referring to the non-confirmation of Fluffy Willow, or indeed that Willow is next, in particular. I don't think Sideshow 'owe' as anything, and Brant and others do share a lot of info with us, but why the secrecy with Willow, especially in light of the mag?

The most interesting part is that they say it will be exclusive to Sideshow's site. Do you think this was revealed by Brant?

Damn, I don't think they sell this mag in Australia. I'd love to get my hands on it to find out what's really going on! :p ;)

Ive got the Buffy mag with Brant in it. Its Buffy #12
heres what Brant says

"there is a willow figure planned for 2004 fromt he episode "dopplegangland." thre will be a vampire willow available to everyone and then a normal willow in the pink fuzzy sweater available only through the web site"

Best, Seeke

Odd..

It's odd to me that they would make Normal Willow an exclusive to the site,and make Vamp Willow availible to other stores,you'd think it would be the other way around.Alot more poeple would want Normal Willow then Vamp Willow.Oh well,all that matters is I get one:evil

Re: Odd..

Thanks for the quote :) .

Hmm... curiouser and curiouser. I agree, Macbeth, it's very strange that she's only available through the site. I too would have expected if anything was going to be exclusive it would be Vampire Willow.

In the end, it doesn't matter too much where I get her form (although it would be great if Sideshow could have international shipping prices in line with other stores). I just really, really, hope she comes with - if only for the first 500-1000, etc - the human-form head of vampire Willow. I know this may sound a little extreme, but if it doesn't happen between Vampire Willow and fluffy Willow... it will be the biggest missed opportunity in the history or the universe. :p

Fuzzier, and fuzzier...

Sometimes magazines request "exclusive" interviews/information so that people will buy the magazine.

That does seem like normal Willow will be a web exclusive. Hmm....

Re: Fuzzier, and fuzzier...

Ahhh, god point. An exclusive interview does explain a lot. I hadn't really thought of it from that perspective.

Seeing as they interviewed Brant, it does seem very credible that Willow will be exclusive to the site.

When we got the 'sneak peak' that's what she was actually listed as, but I always assumed it was because the web-person thought that the second Willow was the 'exclusive accessory' version of Vampire Willow.

Re: Fuzzier, and fuzzier...

Bring on the Pink Fuzzy uhhhh sweater willow sideshow exclusive person.

So when will we be seeing a preview of the next fig in the Buffy line? Whether it's fuzzy pink Willow or not, it's probably about time for a sneak peek, huh?
Murderofcrows71

Back