Furnace available again!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's listed as as a "Web Exclusive" on the site. No mention of EU-only in the HTML newsletter, either. The bummer of the summer!

Seems to me, environments have "cash cow" written all over them, with lots of crossover potential among licenses.

brgbffy.gif

Got same email, what a disappointment! Did I miss that it was EU only, or did it seem like it was available to the U.S. as well? :dunno

No it was definitely unclear Migwit. The TEXT only newsletter did say EU only, but the HTML version did not specify. Since the web page did not say EU only, we all figured the HTML newsletter was right and it was fair game.

Maybe all of the orders they had to cancel will entice them to bring back the environments though. I can only hope :clap

apologize!

We apologize for the confusion. There were a few untis left in the EU that we did not have a wait list for, thus we offered them to EU newsletter people first and were specific int he text newsletter. This info should have been translated to the html newsletter as well. We will be closing the furnace wait list shortly as we have almost fulfilled all the remaining stock.

best,
Chicky

Re: apologize!

You know what kind of sucks, EU customers can order from both the EU warehouse and the US warehouse with the additional shipping factored in. But US customers can only order from the US warehouse, not even when US customers are willing to spend more on shipping from the EU warehouse.

You know, I've always wondered this myself. Chicky, why is it not possible for U.S. customers to pay the extra shipping fees to ship items from the EU Warehouse? I know there were tons of Wait List items that were still being shipped from the EU Warehouse after I had been on the US Wait List for 8 months or more.

BTW, did anyone notice that the Furnace artist is "Darth Rimmer"??!! Is that a joke, or does someone at Sideshow actually have that name? :lol

Re: apologize!

:lol Yes, that's his real name (his parents were geeks and he was born right after A New Hope came out in '77) - here's his bio from the Ministry:

www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-b...62504darth

That's a very good question about why US customers can't have something shipped from the EU if they choose to pay the extra shipping - I have often wondered that myself :p

No return fromt he EU

Yes, Darth is his actual name. Uncanny now that we have the Star Wars license, people think we gave him a nick name.

There are import fees and VAT taxes that are paid on all products going into the EU warehouse. Once the item is there, it is incredibly expensive and time consuming to send it back to the US. The import and vat fees as well as the US shipping costs and import fees, to get it back into the US, can be almost 3 times the price of the item. This is the reason why US customers are restricted from ordering any product from the EU warehouse.

Hope this helps!

Chicky
:bliss

Back