Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude I was literally counting the days to Minus One and then last night watching the football game an ad for Silent Night came on and my John Wick loving son demanded that we see that instead today, lol. Given that John Woo is one of my favorite directors of all time how could I say no. Heading out in a few hours!
Damn bro I can’t wait for you to watch this! :panic:

For sure i’m going for a repeat viewing this weekend!

Okay checking double feature options following Silent Night...

EDIT: Crap, Silent Night 4:00 pm, Minus Zero 7:00 pm. Too long a break between shows. We might be able to hit the 1:00 pm tomorrow though.

Can you believe that this was Mel as he appeared in Expendables the same year that Fury Road came out? What the hell Miller...? :gah:

View attachment 676567
Pump You Up Saturday Night Live GIF

Watched the trailer a couple of times, the CGI/Green Screen/etc. look really off to me. I don't remember Fury Road looking as much like Zack Snyder film as this does.

I'm a fan of Miller and Anya-Taylor, but the trailer failed to inspire me, and somehow, I doubt Miller will be able to recapture the magic of Fury Road.
Still, I'll be seeing this in the theaters.
Yeah I was a massive fan of Fury Road and it's one of those instant classics I now need to rewatch once a year... but this trailer didn't really work for me for some reason. Felt like just a rehash of moments from the previous film, and doesn't seem to be doing anything all that new.

Plus Theron was so damn iconic as Furiosa that I'm not sure the character will work as well without her.

Watched the trailer a couple of times, the CGI/Green Screen/etc. look really off to me. I don't remember Fury Road looking as much like Zack Snyder film as this does.
Yeah I really hope that's just a result of bad editing and everything being ramped up for trailer purposes, than how it will actually look in the movie...

Fury Road was great but this one looks meh. Im sure CH will steal the show though.

Can you believe that this was Mel as he appeared in Expendables the same year that Fury Road came out? What the hell Miller...? :gah:

View attachment 676567
wait.....you want a action muscle man for Max? He was never ment to be Arnold in those films....have you actually watched the Mad Max films?

He was an ordinary guy, not a a steroid bound He/Man...... Mel looks ridiculous there.

Max was a normal guy, not superhero , he got his ass beat alot....

I think people way underestimate the amount of CGI in FR.

The recoloring alone was through the entire film....

As for CGI special effects? Furiosa has one arm through the whole film, Charlize has 2 arms.

I would like someone to point out what CGI in the trailer is overboard compared to FR.

Me thinks this is just another campaign by insecure men to trash a film with a female lead over the traditions male lead in theMad Max world.

IMG_7438.jpeg

IMG_7435.jpeg
img_7439-jpeg.676956

IMG_7440.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7439.jpeg
    IMG_7439.jpeg
    454.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_7436.jpeg
    IMG_7436.jpeg
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 0
Yeah there was a lot of CG enhancement going on in Fury Road, but it was still obvious the vast majority of the movie was shot out in the desert and not in front of a green screen. And that just isn't coming through as much in this first Furiosa trailer for some reason.

wait.....you want a action muscle man for Max? He was never ment to be Arnold in those films....have you actually watched the Mad Max films?

He was an ordinary guy, not a a steroid bound He/Man...... Mel looks ridiculous there.

Max was a normal guy, not superhero , he got his ass beat alot....
I think he meant Mel was in good enough shape to play Max again.

Personally I feel they should have got the OG Max back.

I think he meant Mel was in good enough shape to play Max again.

Personally I feel they should have got the OG Max back.
My thoughts on Mel and his crazy behavior make him a liability for any studio. Not to mention his substance abuse issues.
S while he was in physical shape, his mental shape was definitely in question, and from the set reports, that film was mentally and physically grueling.
Studios just do not want to bet millions on a crazy person......

I also think Mel feels Max is beneath him at this point.
I am sure after FR was done and it was a success, he may have changed his tune.

Back