Funko ReAction Figures Horror-Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the guy who keeps complaining about the figures, if you bothered to click my link:

Funko-ReAction-Figures.jpg

With all of the figures together, they make a cool set up actually.

I really like the universal monster figures, I wonder if I should buy them.

I have Wolfman. I may pick up Creature. After studying the pic more (thanks for posting!), Invisible Man looks pretty nice too. In terms of the modern horror ones, I'm disappointed that Pinhead is lacking his pins, and I wish the holes in Jason's hockey mask were more prominent. They could have spent a bit more time and care with the details in this line overall, as others have pointed out. But for the most part, I like the style.

Has anyone seen the second Alien wave? Chestburster Kane is awesome.

https://popvinyls.com/2014/09/15/alien-reaction-figures-series-2-glam-shots/

There's more than one guy complaining about these. Go visit the UMA sometime. They are ok. The Remcos from 1980 are actually preferable in my honest opinion. The Bride of Frankenstein looks more like Bea Arthur from Maude than Elsa Lanchester. Especially with the addition of the "lounge pants" style gown ....that is bowing for some inexplicable reason.:monkey3 She would've been better off being done like the Kenner Emperor Palpatine.

saw some of these at TRU and they are small,cheap looking,overpriced crap

saw some of these at TRU and they are small,cheap looking,overpriced crap

But...but...but they're supposed to represent the figures we grew up playing with! :monkey2 :lol

Honestly, if they were $2.99 like the Kenner figs of old, I'm still not sure I'd pick them up. Actually, that's not true, I might pick up a few at that price which is more befitting of the quality. :lol

Yea, those of us that find these unappealing 'get it', we just don't buy it. You can capture the nostalgia of a vintage style without merely copying it like a cheap Asian knockoff. These could have had the same articulation, the same overall body style, but decent head sculpts and paint (there's zero excuse for poor paint) and would have served the same nostalgic purpose. That's particularly a problem with lines that aren't vintage themselves - no way I want a Firefly series that looks like crap.

Companies have re-done Mego style figures and Captain Action style figures, and have improved where ever they could and still keep the 'feel'. MOTUC is the very best example of taking a vintage feel and updating it to create a long running collector's line. I was very tempted by the Universal Monsters, because that's a license where sculpts are always an interpretation, but the poor paint quality kept me away. You can do 80's style without resorting to 80's quality - unless you're trying to make the cheapest figures possible and convince collector's it's all part of the plan.

Man, where is the "Like" button when you need it. :goodpost:

Just picked up Sam. I was going to stick with just the Alien reaction figures but I had to grab this guy.

sam 021.jpg

Back