Funko Legacy Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They showed up near me a week or so ago. Love them, but I'm pretty broke so will probably pick them up over a few weeks. It's like being a kid again.

I picked up Zoe, Kaylee, and Wash today at my LCS. Unfortunately they didn't have Mal or Jayne. Gotta say, I am pretty blown away by how good these turned out! I thought initial pics of Wash and Kaylee looked kind of so-so, but they really nailed them both! These are my first Funko Legacy figures and I am pretty impressed with them. I got to cherry pick Kaylee and Zoe as far as paint apps (they only had one Wash), but the ones I chose these over didn't have bad apps either. Articulation is pretty well done, a few tight joints but nothing severe like on some of the McFarlane Walking Dead or Diamond Select BSG figures. Accessories all fit the hands nicely. I'd say the only nit I would pick is that the pins in their knee joints are clear, which is odd, but I will take it over them being a completely different color any day. It's only really noticeable if the light strikes them the right way. I can't wait to find Mal and Jayne now (and the Rocketeer) and I really hope they complete the rest of the crew.

IMG_26776.JPG

Stopped by my local TRU this afternoon after work and was pleasantly surprised to find the whole set so I was able to pick up Mal and Jayne! Can't believe I scored the whole set in only two days! I see what you mean about the elbow joints Michael, but it's only really noticeable on Jayne. I got to choose from two Mals, so got one with pretty decent paint apps (IMO). My only really nit with Mal is that his coat and shirt are too glossy! I think the colors are just about right though. It's weird too that the sleeves of the coat aren't as glossy as the rest of it. I'm half tempted to try to tone the coat and shirt down with a matte coating, but don't want to screw him up. My only nit with Jayne is that he is kind of hunched over a bit and you can't raise his head. It kind of works for him though, so I'll let that slide. Again, both figures have the clear knee pegs. Super glad to have them though, I've been wanting a good set of Firefly figures since, well, since the show was on. I really, really hope they don't stop here though.

IMG_26836.JPG

IMG_26864.JPG

My ex Jayne was supposed to ship and I canceled just in time. Decided I didn't want the line. I do want to say that I think they are REALLY cool, though. Anyone who got/gets them should be happy cause they rock. :rock

My brother got me the Previews Jayne w/ "cunning hat" as an early birthday present. I had a few tense moments getting his wrist-pegs unstuck with some boiling water, but everything seems to have turned out alright articulation-wise (those clear knee and hip-pegs still freak me out every time I look at them, though). One thing I want to know, though, is if this figure's supposed to swivel at his boot-tops. It looks like the boots are a separate piece from the rest of the calves, but I don't want to chance it without some idea of whether they're supposed to move or not.

Last week I looked at the Malcolm Reynolds and Jayne Cobb figures from the new Funko Legacy series, wave 1. Tonight I'm finishing up the wave with a review of Kaylee, Hoban and Zoe, and the results are a little better. You can find the review here:

Review and photos of Legacy Firefly action figures by Funko

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Captain Toy, Michael Crawford's Action Figure and Toy Reviews

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC
About the elbows, they're basically scaled-up versions of what you'll see on a lot of recent 1/18th-scale G.I. Joes like the Cobra Shock Trooper, Shadow Tracker and Roadblock.

Just gotten hold of the first wave over here in the UK.... Very impressed. I take it wave two wasn't previewed at SDCC, as I cant find mention of them anywhere.... anyway there aren't that many left to do...

In case anyone is still in the market for these, they are only $6.97 each (plus shipping and tax) on Gamestop.com today. https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-firefly+legacy,28zu0

That's a great price for these, and I was tempted (it would've been just under $42 total for me for all five), but I just dropped $250 on QMX's Cutaway Serenity replica, so I probably shouldn't be spending any additional funds on Firefly/Serenity anytime soon, or... ever again! :) Also, it's not looking promising that Funko is going to make anymore of these (not even finishing the series regulars), so I am holding off.

Well, if it helps any, use code "SAVER" for free shipping on the figures from Game stop too. Presuming you're getting all 5 or your order totals over $25.

I just ordered another set myself to open.

Back