Full 1989 Batman Costume Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jordan_batman_vi_3.jpg

Air Jordan 6's modified for i think Batman Returns, does anyone know if they went with this same design for the 89 Batman movie?, i would guess not and i can't remember seeing the small bat emblems on the 89 suit's boots.

Wow, really? Batman wore Nikes? :google

I had no idea.

If Hot Toys ever makes a '89 Batman figure, do you think they will do accurate shoes?

Don't think I want that Nike symbol on any Bat figs.

I certainley want the NIKE logo's on the figure, that would be cool and accurate.

I want some 1989 Batman figures from a company, I would really want a Batman Returns one too.

Nice costume but the signal isn´t for 89´s film, is for returns film.

He did wear Nike's. If you own the Batman Anthology or the 20th Anniversary Edition check out the bonus features about the costume design. WB and Nike had a partnership and designed the boots using a cross trainer from that time. The stunt guys and Keaton loved them because they were comfortable and had some good cushion.

This thread has made me sad.

I would never wear branded training shoes but now I realise Batman whore them in the films!? Wouldn't catch Bale's Batman doing that :monkey3

Yes but Keaton set the bar and because Keaton set it so high it got Bale a bigger budget and he had custom made boots. Ha ha. The suit for sale is ok, it reminds me of my first 89 suit. I have made seven Batsuits to date 89 x 2, Returns x 2, Panther(forever) x 1, Begins x 1, comic suits x 1. The chest is to defind for the 89 suit and the gloves cost quite a bit on there own and the boots are a pain being in three peices (main boot and upper and two peices of armour that sit over one another)

shocking isn't it. i have the anthology but it's still sealed. i want to have a full weekend on freedom before i get on it. wow. startling revelation of Batman wearing Nikes :D

If Hot Toys ever makes a '89 Batman figure, do you think they will do accurate shoes?

Don't think I want that Nike symbol on any Bat figs.

If they did, I would hope that they would make it in the way of what you think you see, more than what is accurate. Because when you see the costume in full light, seeing batman in Nikes just doesnt have the same effect as black boots lol

Even on my old Batman Returns vinyl figure (by Applause i think) released around when the movie came out, it has the modified Jordan 6's on.

de8co9.jpg

166k7cn.jpg

1z36n3p.jpg

1zz5mvk.jpg

Back