• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Hot Toys Captain America Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TakaraJin

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this off EBAY, was sold to me as "NEW" turns out it was displayed by the seller, otherwise mint and comes 100% with his accessories.

Selling it for $200.00 shipped to CONUS. I just have no room for this and could use the funds towards some Iron Man Release coming soon.

Do you have any pics? Any flaking of the paint on the shields?

After some debate I'm putting this out there - I purchased a "new in box" Cap from TakaraJin last week from this thread - https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138168

The figure I got was obviously opened (the tape tab had clearly been peeled back and then flattened down, the plastic wraps on the gloves and boots were removed and sitting in the tray). The shield had flaking and scratches, and there was a broken snap on the back of the costume/belt. I sent him pics and a description. He said he had bought it as new from Ebay and never inspected it. I sent the figure back the next day.

So if this is THAT figure, which was delivered back to him yesterday (9114901123086439023273), it is most certainly not "otherwise mint."

For the record, I am not a pot stirrer and rarely post outside of a few friendly threads. I had no intention of even making this public. But seeing this thread, and the item described as "mint," I felt compelled to post to possibly keep someone else from getting burned/wasting their time.

If someone has already purchased the figure, these are the pics that I sent to the Seller of the "new in box" figure I received -
DSC_0085_zps7a78efb1.jpg

DSC_0084_zps254f7234.jpg

shield_zps4356fe92.jpg

Also, the tape tab is now cut because I cut it. This way it could not be listed as "new" again.

Of course it's possible this is not the same figure, in which case I apologize. I hope everyone can understand how I'd be doubtful it's a coincidence. If I'm doing something against forum rules, please delete this post or do whatever is appropriate. I have had no other interaction with this Seller other than this transaction...no grudge, no history, nothing. Just trying to do the right thing.

I'd also like to point out that TakaraJin did pay for my return shipping, but has been out of contact since the figure was delivered yesterday afternoon. He has not logged on here or replied to my Paypal claim, which was in my favor and my money has been returned.
I hate to be "that guy" but my conscience couldn't let me sit on this.:peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back