Frontrunners for the next 1/6, PF announcements

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KitFisto said:
Stop ragging on Kit Fisto! LOL. He was the one I wanted more than any other so I was thrilled when he was announced.

Also, I would much rather get a 12" Plo Koon, Shaaki Ti, Sassee Tinn, Ki Adi in the Jedi order line then I would Lando or 5 versions of Luke and 4 of Leia. I know I am in the minority there, but it's just my opinion. I guess since I am doing the PF's too and they have leaned towards the OT that I want the 12" line to continue on the Jedi order and Lords of the Sith more than the same characters they have done in PF already.

No you're not! I got your back Kit. I'd much rather have a diverse line-up of great looking Jedi than 12 versions of Luke. We honestly only need one or two at the most more Lukes. I think Besbin Luke makes the most sense, or possibly ANH Luke. Don't need Hoth, Degobah, X-Wing, Endor, ........ of the same character, no matter how big a part of the OT he is.

There are just way too many awesome looking Jedi from the PT that deserve to be made in some format.

SHAAK TI (easily the coolest looking Jedi - period)
Aayla Secura (if they can get rid of the jointy body)
Ploo Koon
Ki-Adi Mundi (SP-?)
Barriss and Luminara
Yaddle (OK that one's a joke for Tom)

Darth Loki said:
No you're not! I got your back Kit. I'd much rather have a diverse line-up of great looking Jedi than 12 versions of Luke. We honestly only need one or two at the most more Lukes. I think Besbin Luke makes the most sense, or possibly ANH Luke. Don't need Hoth, Degobah, X-Wing, Endor, ........ of the same character, no matter how big a part of the OT he is.

There are just way too many awesome looking Jedi from the PT that deserve to be made in some format.

SHAAK TI (easily the coolest looking Jedi - period)
Aayla Secura (if they can get rid of the jointy body)
Ploo Koon
Ki-Adi Mundi (SP-?)
Barriss and Luminara
Yaddle (OK that one's a joke for Tom)

Shaak Ti is one of 2 Hasbro figures I actually display. She's not bad, but imagine a SS version. That would be awesome.

I would like to see Bespin Lando next. I can't imagine anyone else at this time coming out next. We need more HotR figures! :chew

Personally, I'd much rather see Chewie and The Droids way before Lando... but I understand that R&D on those will take some time so we probably won't see them for a while. :(

IrishJedi said:
Personally, I'd much rather see Chewie and The Droids way before Lando... but I understand that R&D on those will take some time so we probably won't see them for a while. :(

I SO want a Chewie in PF form!

Darth Loki said:
Me too. As long as he doesn't shed!

haha, yeah. I just REALLY want this piece. He and the droids would just complete the ANH theme.

KitFisto said:
haha, yeah. I just REALLY want this piece. He and the droids would just complete the ANH theme.

I'm trying not to be a completist of this line, it's easy with Luke and Han. Leia's been hard to lay off of, but I've managed this far. I just can't see paying $275 for a figure that's 3" taller than a 12" figure that's only $50. That being said, I really want the droids. The lifesize version will be a tad out of my price range, so I hope the PF is coming soon.

Darth Loki said:
I'm trying not to be a completist of this line, it's easy with Luke and Han. Leia's been hard to lay off of, but I've managed this far. I just can't see paying $275 for a figure that's 3" taller than a 12" figure that's only $50. That being said, I really want the droids. The lifesize version will be a tad out of my price range, so I hope the PF is coming soon.

Well, on the price I just think about a statue vs plastic toy. Don't get me wrong, I love and buy the 12" line, but the PF's are so far above in quality IMO. And when you see them all together they look impressive....most impressive.

I just need to be more selective about my buying now that I don't have someone to split the rent and pay for groceries. If we were still together, I'd have both Leia and Han already. But I just can't buy stuff to have it any more. I have to really want it to be a part of my collection now.

Darth Loki said:
I just need to be more selective about my buying now that I don't have someone to split the rent and pay for groceries. If we were still together, I'd have both Leia and Han already. But I just can't buy stuff to have it any more. I have to really want it to be a part of my collection now.

Yeah, I just saw your thread about the split from your g/f and posted about it. Sorry to hear it and yes I can see how that would affect what you buy. I thought about that too when mine was about to end. It's sad, but one of my first thoughts was "Crap, do I have to cancel some things?" right after "I hope what I have survives".

KitFisto said:
Yeah, I just saw your thread about the split from your g/f and posted about it. Sorry to hear it and yes I can see how that would affect what you buy. I thought about that too when mine was about to end. It's sad, but one of my first thoughts was "Crap, do I have to cancel some things?" right after "I hope what I have survives".

I don't think she's a breaker. It's been pretty decent so far but we'll see how it goes later in the month when she actually begins moving. At least I get to keep the entertainment center which will be great for a lot of my stuff. I almost asked her to stay another month so I could get Han and Leia. I really need to get my priorities straightened out!

I'd like to see in order to finish off Jabbas palace I need (at least)
-Lando in Guard outfit
-Gomorian Guard
-Boba Fett

The only other characters for the OT I'd like is Vader, Old ben, Tuskin Raider, Bikerscouts, Royal guard, Emporor.

This hasbro license business that someone was talking about scares me!!! :monkey2

creature4000 said:
I'd like to see in order to finish off Jabbas palace I need (at least)
-Lando in Guard outfit
-Gomorian Guard
-Boba Fett

The only other characters for the OT I'd like is Vader, Old ben, Tuskin Raider, Bikerscouts, Royal guard, Emporor.

This hasbro license business that someone was talking about scares me!!! :monkey2

I hope that version of Lando is a ways off. I'd really like him with his cape, that's how I remember Lando best. Fett will most likely be a ways off.

I can think of quite a few more OT characters to put in there
Tarkin
Stormtroopers
Ackbar
Jawa
R2 & 3PO
at least one more Luke
WEDGE!!!!!!!!!!
just to name a few

Darth Loki said:
I hope that version of Lando is a ways off. I'd really like him with his cape, that's how I remember Lando best. Fett will most likely be a ways off.

I can think of quite a few more OT characters to put in there
Tarkin
Stormtroopers
Ackbar
Jawa
R2 & 3PO
at least one more Luke
WEDGE!!!!!!!!!!
just to name a few

See, you Bring up Wedge and then I want Biggs and Luke in X-Wing gear to go with him!

KitFisto said:
See, you Bring up Wedge and then I want Biggs and Luke in X-Wing gear to go with him!

I honestly think we only need one character in X-Wing gear, and that's Wedge. We don't need every single character in the SW universe (unless they're a Jedi). Like I said earlier, I don't want 8 different Lukes. This isn't Hasbro.

Darth Loki said:
I honestly think we only need one character in X-Wing gear, and that's Wedge. We don't need every single character in the SW universe (unless they're a Jedi). Like I said earlier, I don't want 8 different Lukes. This isn't Hasbro.

I don't want 8 Luke either. Just Jedi and X-Wing LOL. I just think all 3 of them standing together would look cool.

IrishJedi said:
And thanks for that list, jlcmsu. That perfectly illustrates that SSC hasn't been focusing too heavily on the PT. The fact of the matter is that there are characters from the PT anyway, so an even blend would be more than fair to fans of both.

I would be completely shocked if SSC's license was not extended several more years. Don't panic there.

No problem. I like all of SW so I want a blend of both not more than one over the other. Which I think is the fairest thing like you said to try to blend it as evently as possible. The way I look at it is PT+OT=SW.

I agree the license if it hasn't been already I'm sure will be going on for a very long time.

Here's my pure speculation...

What's the next most iconic versions of Han and Luke after the ANH one's that have appeared in PF and the 1/6 one's we've already had - as opposed to transitional costumes? There aren't any, but Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise would kind of fit the bill (very cool outfits, means Stormtroopers, ANH) which makes me think they'll be the next Han and Luke (next year!). As OT Obi-Wan has already appeared in PF I wonder if we'll see a 12" Jedi Spirit Obi-Wan next? That would be cool. Yoda is crying out to be done - although I'd prefer an OT one I'd also love to see one that bridged both trilogies, with accessories and outfits from each (with such a small figure there'll be a lot of space in the box, after all). Palpatine will come soon, and an Emperor's Royal Guard would go nicely with that. I reckon the next Leia after Boussh will be Bespin Leia as there's never been one in 12". Then next year (2007) as its the 30th anniversary of ANH I reckon they'll announce the 12" 'hero' figures for 2008 as being the iconic ANH versions of Han, Luke and Leia.

PT: As Boba Fett has just appeared in premium format I think Jango Fett will appear in the 12" line. A 12" AOTC Tusken Raider would keep everyone happy. A clonetrooper would make sense before a Stormtrooper.

What do you think?

airbond2 said:
Here's my pure speculation...

What's the next most iconic versions of Han and Luke after the ANH one's that have appeared in PF and the 1/6 one's we've already had - as opposed to transitional costumes? There aren't any, but Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise would kind of fit the bill (very cool outfits, means Stormtroopers, ANH) which makes me think they'll be the next Han and Luke (next year!). As OT Obi-Wan has already appeared in PF I wonder if we'll see a 12" Jedi Spirit Obi-Wan next? That would be cool. Yoda is crying out to be done - although I'd prefer an OT one I'd also love to see one that bridged both trilogies, with accessories and outfits from each (with such a small figure there'll be a lot of space in the box, after all). Palpatine will come soon, and an Emperor's Royal Guard would go nicely with that. I reckon the next Leia after Boussh will be Bespin Leia as there's never been one in 12". Then next year (2007) as its the 30th anniversary of ANH I reckon they'll announce the 12" 'hero' figures for 2008 as being the iconic ANH versions of Han, Luke and Leia.

PT: As Boba Fett has just appeared in premium format I think Jango Fett will appear in the 12" line. A 12" AOTC Tusken Raider would keep everyone happy. A clonetrooper would make sense before a Stormtrooper.

What do you think?

So help me God if they start making Jedi spirits, I'll sell all of my 12"!

Back