Frodo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I wonder if SSC has other necks for this body that aren't as thick, these work for hobbits because they're supposed to be somewhat in awkward proportions, but a regular human child might look like they're on steroids with a body that tiny and a neck that big.

A little late to reply here, but yeah, if they ever use this body for a human child at some point, they'll have to make adjustments for the differences in proportion or it'll look very strange.

The proportions of adult hobbits and human children would be quite different... that's what I was thinking when I posted the comparison photo. The neck on the DiD figure in the photo is about the same thickness as Frodo's neck, but it's in proportion with a human child's body. A younger child, equal to Frodo's height, would have to have a much smaller neck!

sb.jpg

https://wegobgo.blogspot.com/2007/11/weirdness-of-week.html

Make sure you get Entropy Chicken's custom ring it does wonders for Frodo.
Before:

IMG_7948Small.jpg

Comparision:

IMG_7950Small.jpg

New:

IMG_7955Small.jpg

Thanks again for taking and posting those pics Mike. :duff

I still have the makings for some more of these. PM me if interested.
The Ring has been a huge success and I hope to offer you guys some more customs in the future.

Suggestions anyone?

i was just breaking down some sideshow shippers today. i tend to rip them open to get the figures out and leave the shippers lay in the basement. im accumulating a lot so i thought id clean up a little. well anyway as i was breaking down the hobbits' shipper i found a SS gift card under the packing. i just checked it and it is worth $50.:google
score 1 for The Craw.:rock

i was just breaking down some sideshow shippers today. i tend to rip them open to get the figures out and leave the shippers lay in the basement. im accumulating a lot so i thought id clean up a little. well anyway as i was breaking down the hobbits' shipper i found a SS gift card under the packing. i just checked it and it is worth $50.:google
score 1 for The Craw.:rock

Thats awsome man!

Received my Frodo & Sam today! :banana

These lil guys are great and after seeing the pics all this time I'm real happy to have them in hand.

Only thing is, I've managed to break off the lowest button on Frodo's white shirt trying to futz :monkey2. Sam looked good straight outta the box but Frodo looks like he got dressed in the dark! I'll have to getting my sewing skillz going (of which I have none) but that button is pretty damn small! Probably end up gluing it back on. Oh well, I'm hoping to just tuck the shirt in some more so actually i wont miss it.

Frodo's white shirt seems to have a larger collar on one side than the other... is everyone else's like that? I've looked back thru the other images and cant really tell :confused:

The ankle joints on both mine seem a little loose, as others have mentioned, but I'll put those to the test when I take a few pics hopefully this weekend :)

I have had Frodo and Sam for a while now and have not taken the time to mess with them much. Here is a quick pick of Frodo. I really like these figures. There are so many ways they can be posed. I am really happy that Sideshow got these bodies for them.

DSC04598a.jpg

Frodo's white shirt seems to have a larger collar on one side than the other... is everyone else's like that? I've looked back thru the other images and cant really tell :confused:

Sorry to quote myself but does anyone else have uneven collars on Frodo's white shirt? Will try to get a pic up later so you lot can see what i mean.

Back