Frodo PF Pics?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anarion

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has any nice Frodo PF pictures for me, maybe a pciture next to an other PF?

Thanks!

A few here

just for you!
rating_1.gif

Very nice pictures, but I still don't know if I should buy one....can you somehow convince me?

this is a well done pf. the sculpt is lifelike, the materials are true to authenticity, right down to the ring of power hanging on a chain around frodo's neck.

probably the best frodo done to date by anyone.

Very nice pictures, but I still don't know if I should buy one....can you somehow convince me?

The likeness isn't 100% but it looks a lot better in person than it does in photos. The base and costume are some of the best work SS has done and the ES will help this keep it's value down the line.

How'd I do?

You can see a TON more pictures HERE! This is the NEW archive for the Premium Format Frodo at TheGD.

Thanks for peeking...and don't worry...I don't mind!

As far as selling...this one is DEFINITELY better in person. The likeness may be a bit unlike Elijah Wood...but there is no doubting it is Frodo! The costuming is exquisite...excellent workmanship...and the display base...very cool!

Geb

You can see a TON more pictures HERE! This is the NEW archive for the Premium Format Frodo at TheGD.

Thanks for peeking...and don't worry...I don't mind!

As far as selling...this one is DEFINITELY better in person. The likeness may be a bit unlike Elijah Wood...but there is no doubting it is Frodo! The costuming is exquisite...excellent workmanship...and the display base...very cool!

Geb
Thanks!
The likeness isn't 100% but it looks a lot better in person than it does in photos. The base and costume are some of the best work SS has done and the ES will help this keep it's value down the line.

How'd I do?
You did great!
this is a well done pf. the sculpt is lifelike, the materials are true to authenticity, right down to the ring of power hanging on a chain around frodo's neck.

probably the best frodo done to date by anyone.
and no doubt about that!

But!
I'm almost willing to buy this statue... The coat Frodo is wearing stops me from buying it though... it seems a litte large. Tell me if I'm stupid for not buying it because of that issue, or is it also better when you see it in person? :confused:

This is a very beautiful Premium Format. This was actually my very 1st one and it is absolutely amazing. Trust me like most peices pictures do no do it justice and when you have it in hand it will look even better! All the clothes on him are some of the nicest and most authentic that I have seen on a PF.BUY IT!

Thanks!

You did great!

and no doubt about that!

But!
I'm almost willing to buy this statue... The coat Frodo is wearing stops me from buying it though... it seems a litte large. Tell me if I'm stupid for not buying it because of that issue, or is it also better when you see it in person? :confused:

I will tell you that you are indeed stupid for buying this. I have seen it in person and the details are great however, the head doesn't look any better at all! Frodo is just ugly and if it's possible I think he looks worse in person when he's finally staring you down puckering his lips. YOu have been warned. :cool:

Depends why you're interested. If you want a statue that looks like EW, then forget it, it doesn't. If you want a beautifully tailored, detailed representation of Frodo then don't hesitate... I have it and I don't regret getting it at all, but then I'm not bothered by the lack of EW likeness. The clothing is incredible.

How'd I do?

I agree. It's not a ringer for likness but it's a good one. The eye/lips are the main issues.

Here's one I took of mine.

IMG_0162.jpg

And please don't judge by that pic because the flash that Josh used makes it look horrible. The lips are a let down, but this looks great in natural light.

And Rory's a Marvel snob so take what he says with a grain of salt :monkey1

And please don't judge by that pic because the flash that Josh used makes it look horrible. The lips are a let down, but this looks great in natural light.

And Rory's a Marvel snob so take what he says with a grain of salt :monkey1

HEHEHE! I love it.

No seriously though....I have seen this in person and the lip area really, really bothered me. It was like Frodo was puckering up and sticking his tongue out at me. The whole area is like one solid color too....very bothersome to me at least.

If the coat is what's hanging you up about it - then by all means buy it. The costume is extremely well done, fits perfectly and seems tailored not only for the body, but for the pose.

As many have stated, they may not see Elijah 100% in the sculpt and the factory paint job tends to accentuate the lips, but if you can get past that, I think you'll enjoy the piece a lot.

You've realy helped me! About the lips, I think I will be able to fix that myself...

Now.. what is a good price for this piece? I've seen it for $225... :confused: I'm considdering that one...

You've realy helped me! About the lips, I think I will be able to fix that myself...

Now.. what is a good price for this piece? I've seen it for $225... :confused: I'm considdering that one...

You should be able to find one for $200 shipped right now. Be patient as this hasn't gotten really rare yet.

I've seen it for under $200 a couple of times but more often then not it's still over the $200 mark.

I really like my Frodo PF. I think it does look much better in person. The likness (as has been said a zillion times already) of Elijah is not dead on but it is Frodo none the less and love it!

Back