Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today arrived my next regular Sideshow maquette 377/1000 - Frodo and Samwise :clap

DSC000622.jpg~original

DSC00065.jpg~original

DSC00066.jpg~original

:peace

This week I came Maquette Frodo and Sam, you have some photos of this piece in my collection.

2lxh3s4.jpg

2hcl35x.jpg

2k3h90.jpg

wakj94.jpg

Now I just hope that Sideshow keep his word and make us Merry and Pippin.

Some really nice photos on here! :clap Don't actually collect this line...but must admit I am very tempted by this piece!!

wakj94.jpg

Now I just hope that Sideshow keep his word and make us Merry and Pippin.[/QUOTE]

Very nice.
You have a lot of room for more.
But I'm not so shore Merry and Pippin they ever will see the light.
I was very dissapintd this year to see nothing new :thud:
I started LOTR because of this line.
I am still waiting for the sam and frodo to arrive.
There late....!!!:impatient:

But I also have put some GG bust in between.
The Weta ring wraight on steed on top,and sauron.
Make the left for the Hobbit,make the right for LOTR.
Good luck,and enjoy!

I got my statue finally today....pffff long time waiting,but now the collection is compleet :)

Congrats! :rock :duff

Yes it was about time.
Also have the Sny snootles GG bust there.
But the Doopy mcoy wasn't there,while this one has been releashed sooner than Sny.
Distrubution goes very slow on GG.
Cause my retailer always let me know as soon as it gets in.
Also the Weta smeagel came in sooner than the dwarf with the bow.
Now waiting for the Gandalf bust of GG hobbit.

I have the exclusive version, but i will expose it with exclusive head for Sam and regular head for Frodo.

Someone has the pics pf the box, for to see where i have to put the exclusive head in the box? I dont remember......

Hey people, I need your advice on a eBay sideshow Frodo and Sam auction that I won,, I paid 240$us plus 40$us for shipping, the statue came to me damaged from ontario to Montreal Canada , the base has a big gap ( can almost see inside) and frodo's belt on his back was moving inside the box. The seller doesn't accept return, he asked me pictures and he'll complete a claim with Canada post. He says that maybe Canada post will refund me the totality or I can send back the statue to him, he can refund 210$ because of the ebay seller fee. So that means I'm losing 110$ for something I don't even have. This is nonsense.

I checked ebay protection and it's seems that I should be fully cover. It's the first time this is happening to me with a buy. Usually people refund all including shipping fee.
What should I do? Wait for his claim and see? Or I should start the ebay protection process immediately?
Who's in favor with this kind of situation?

Go directly through Ebay or Paypal if you paid through them. You should be fully covered. Also, did you check the seller's feedback score? Is this type if thing rare for him or her or is it a common theme in the comments? I only ask because I once bought two statues from a seller in Ontario (I'm in Montreal too) and the guy never sent them. Unfortunately, I was moving at the time and moving all my statues and with all the boxes I thought I had received them. Never got a refund because I missed the 90 deadline to file a claim. My own fault but the seller never sent the statues and happily kept my money.

Go directly through Ebay or Paypal if you paid through them. You should be fully covered. Also, did you check the seller's feedback score? Is this type if thing rare for him or her or is it a common theme in the comments? I only ask because I once bought two statues from a seller in Ontario (I'm in Montreal too) and the guy never sent them. Unfortunately, I was moving at the time and moving all my statues and with all the boxes I thought I had received them. Never got a refund because I missed the 90 deadline to file a claim. My own fault but the seller never sent the statues and happily kept my money.

Thanks for your help chaber, check ebay auction 331558978341. The guy has 273 positive reviews 100%. He's really arrogant with me in our conversation. Read this...

/seller...
Im offering you a way out of waiting
That is the only reason for that!
You damages are minimal so for you keeping it i could give 100 for you hassling me and wanting money now i can give 210 with a return.
Those were options out of waiting!
if u were just normal then you would wait for the claim!
I understand you don't want that I'm just trying to help you !
The protocol is now is that i have to file a claim an you have to wait
That is what eBay will get me to do
So maybe instead of being in such a rush
U should wait for the claim to process

eBay wont take a dime from me, nor do they have the right to
This is an insurance claim
End of discussion
//

He just keep telling me to wait for the Canada post claim process or he refund me 210$ because he wants his ebay fee paid and he wants me to return the box at my cost!? I'm losing about 110$ that way, this is ridiculous.

I thought ebay was protecting their buyer with full refund including the shipping fee that I paid, am I right?

Also the seller's fee issue is not true, you and he can agree to cancel the sale and the fees are refunded.

The claim he's talking about with the shipping company is for saving is @ss in case there's damage during transport or to save mine?

The way ebay (and Paypal) work in this case:
1. statue arrived damaged
2. you should open a case with ebay and click on "not received as described"
3. ebay will open and case and send it to the Seller to respond. He can either (a) offer you partial refund if you want to keep the statue, (b) offer full refund after receiving statue, or (c) dispute your claim. Unless you open a case with ebay, you can't go through their process. Doesn't matter if the guy says he doesn't accept returns.
4. If you don't want to keep the damaged item at whatever discount he's willing to offer, you have to return it. Make sure that you buy tracking information and signature confirmation. As soon as it arrives, he is required to refund you the amount in full including original shipping. The Seller will have to collect from the shipping company himself. That has nothing to do with you. Also, he doesn't have to pay any Seller fees until the next monthly invoice. So he hasn't actually paid anything to date.

Back