Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow Alex - There is no line for the Edition Size on the product page, not even TBD.
Is this going to be an open edition?

I will order this exclusive but will wait for ES or even later...no rush here

Sideshow Alex - There is no line for the Edition Size on the product page, not even TBD.
Is this going to be an open edition?

not a chance...IMHO it will be around 500 for the exclusive

I will display them with no helmets and put the 1/6 GG bust helmets on the display base

Well, the line 'Edition Size - TBD' is not there.

not yet...give it time..It would not shock me for them to wait a couple of months to see how the Hobbit film does with sales for these two Hobbits,then put ES ...just a thought...I just for some reason do not see open ES here

not yet...give it time..It would not shock me for them to wait a couple of months to see how the Hobbit film does with sales for these two Hobbits,then put ES ...just a thought...I just for some reason do not see open ES here

you dont seem to understand, it should be ES: TBD for what you are saying. or ES: Limited Edition for open edition.

A complete missing edition size text is very strange and should not happen.

you dont seem to understand, it should be ES: TBD for what you are saying. or ES: Limited Edition for open edition.

A complete missing edition size text is very strange and should not happen.

I have ordered through SS for over 10 years now...This has happened before...watch it show up one of these days unless for some reason SS is copying Wetas Open Edition ways...Anyway I'm not worried and dont care either frankly...either way it's a nice piece and ...well....Different...I like it...I just dont see anybody displaying this with helmets on though...I will make only one exception ...if these guys are displayed next to or are surrounded by Orc statues and have to wear the disguise...LOL

Last edited:
I get almost all LOTR stuff, it's still my favorite line, but lately, I've been less trigger happy and I'm on the fence with this one. It's an iconic scene but I prefer Sam and Frodo to be in their hobbit outfits, the sculpt of their faces could be better but not bad, but I just don't like their orc outfits, it looks almost too busy and bumpy. I have to sleep on this.

POed the EX. I really like the atmosphere of this statue and the details on the armor is top notch.

Those wanting a full Fellowship though.... I don't know. Each piece in this line is beautiful on its own for sure but they don't have much synergy as a Fellowship display so I wouldn't have any issues missing on if I didn't like it.

As I've said before the Fellowship isn't about outfits it's about the group and what they stood for. Having all 9 members is a must IMO.

If it had been up to me, I would have chosen the plainer hobbit outfits. I had no big desire for the Orc disguise version. But this is one of those times where I'm glad things aren't up to me, because seeing all the detail in this piece as a result of the more unexpected approach makes me realize that this is a much better piece than I would have ever come up with. I am happy to have ordered it and I look forward to seeing it in person next year.

I'm sure Sideshow likes to be unpredictable and not always play it safe, and in this case I think it paid off because the detail on this is really outstanding.

I get almost all LOTR stuff, it's still my favorite line, but lately, I've been less trigger happy and I'm on the fence with this one. It's an iconic scene but I prefer Sam and Frodo to be in their hobbit outfits, the sculpt of their faces could be better but not bad, but I just don't like their orc outfits, it looks almost too busy and bumpy. I have to sleep on this.

i prefer Sam and Frodo in their Shire clothing with the elven cloaks as well but there's just something about their's faces in this piece :viking
Sideshow have captured the enormity of their task on both Frodo and Sam's faces :clap i've pre-ordered, it will fit in the bottom of my new cabinet :hi5:

I have order through SS for over 10 years now...This has happened before...watch it show up one of these days unless for some reason SS is copying Wetas Open Edition ways...Anyway I'm not worried and dont care either frankly...either way it's a nice piece and ...well....Different...I like it...I just dont see anybody displaying this with helmets on though...I will make only one exception ...if these guys are displayed next to or are surrounded by Orc statues and have to wear the disguise...LOL

i don't have any orcs so they'll be ok :wink1:

Last edited:
I will display them with no helmets and put the 1/6 GG bust helmets on the display base

That is a nice display idea Adolfo :clap

I just dont see anybody displaying this with helmets on though

At this moment in time, as the Frodo likeness is so good IMHO :clap, I think I'll display him without helmet and Sam with helmet (not too happy with Sam's likeness, I'm afraid)...but that could all change. :lol

Like many, I would have been happier with Frodo and Sam in Hobbit gear :rock...but this is a nice piece non-the-less and I'm happy to pick one up.

:duff
Bill

Is it a foregone conclusion that there will be no other Frodo or Sam statues?

Not at all devilof76 :wave

I'm sure (should the line last as long as SS planned) we will get more offerings of Frodo and/or Sam statues :rock, but I wouldn't expect anything for quite some time. :(

We live in hope though. :wink1:

:duff
Bill

Ordered my ex yesterday. I was expecting a summer release date but it is April :rock Twilight WK in March, Frodo and Sam in April, I wonder if we'll get anything else before 2013 ends?

Back