Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This piece is fantastic without a doubt, but I was blinded by the scale. Sadly, I am not into this line anymore :(

Josh, it was nice to meet you at the Con.

This piece is fantastic without a doubt, but I was blinded by the scale. Sadly, I am not into this line anymore :(

Josh, it was nice to meet you at the Con.

what do you mean blinded by the scale? it's too big? or too small?

btw is josh really 3 feet tall with big furry feet?

what happened to shades of mordor ex? i almost picked one up but lost the bid

Don't get me wrong, it's a great statue. I love mine.

But the proto Frodo Sideshow showed was WAY better than the production piece.

I was going to post some comparison pics from the original thread (https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53713&highlight=Shades+of+Mordor), but I don't have the time to look.

Suffice it to say, if I remember correctly, some said the paint apps on the final production piece made Frodo look like Sloth from the Goonies.

what do you mean blinded by the scale? it's too big? or too small?

btw is josh really 3 feet tall with big furry feet?

Too small of course...when I saw them next to DROM PF, I was like whoaaaa what a size difference, of course my attention was mostly drew to the DROM PF.

I have limited space in my collection with everything that I want I won't be able to fit them all. Like I told Josh DC and Marvel are my main focus.

I have these 4 big statues that I have ordered or will order for sure: DROM PF, Hulk Maquette, Galactus Maquette, Rhino Comiquette, all of them won't fit in a besta shelve, I have to put them on top of my bestas, which is the place where I put all my LOTR maquettes.

Initially I thought I would complete the fellowship (7 statues) and put all of them together on top of my bestas, but I can't do that with all the preorders I have.

So yes, I was blinded by the size, they are nice statues, but I just prefer to see bigger statues :lol

Too small of course...when I saw them next to DROM PF, I was like whoaaaa what a size difference, of course my attention was mostly drew to the DROM PF.

I have limited space in my collection with everything that I want I won't be able to fit them all. Like I told Josh DC and Marvel are my main focus.

I have these 4 big statues that I have ordered or will order for sure: DROM PF, Hulk Maquette, Galactus Maquette, Rhino Comiquette, all of them won't fit in a besta shelve, I have to put them on top of my bestas, which is the place where I put all my LOTR maquettes.

Initially I thought I would complete the fellowship (7 statues) and put all of them together on top of my bestas, but I can't do that with all the preorders I have.

So yes, I was blinded by the size, they are nice statues, but I just prefer to see bigger statues :lol

you know you want to get a pax :lol 4x shelves of 22" deep, plenty space for everything. okie so it was too small for you.

what's a drom?

Don't get me wrong, it's a great statue. I love mine.

But the proto Frodo Sideshow showed was WAY better than the production piece.

I was going to post some comparison pics from the original thread (https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53713&highlight=Shades+of+Mordor), but I don't have the time to look.

Suffice it to say, if I remember correctly, some said the paint apps on the final production piece made Frodo look like Sloth from the Goonies.

ah thanks i know i would hate it if that's the case, ebay sniping worked in my favor for once...

Still strange Sideshow didn't say anything about this statue anywhere, or did I miss something?

They had it at the show so that's them saying something and I'm sure a preview is coming. Just like they did with the hulk.

How cool would it be if the exclusive was both helms for these two with Frodo lifting his halfway off?:horror:clap

How cool would it be if the exclusive was both helms for these two with Frodo lifting his halfway off?:horror:clap

I really don't like that idea. Sorry, but I haven't waited this long for SS to make a hobbit maquette and have the exclusive cover up the one thing that seperates them from orcs. .

nah dont want helm, noone (well i personally) wont display them with helm on, so it will just be wasted exclusive.

hulk and this are the only 2 pieces i am really looking forward to now. With hulk ending next tues, this is it. Preorder please! money...take it!

The switch out helms would be cool exclusives but I don't know how often I'd display them. Those sculpts are so freaking amazing I'd hate to not show off Trevor's work.

Nameplate :yess:

:lol

nah they have always been good with the exclusive for this line, so far only the boromir ex got botched due to a last minute screwup. So i am pretty sure it will be good.

switchout arm with different weapon, switchout head with different expression, and i dont mind a switchout arm holding the orc helm.

Back