Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hobbits Maquette

SamFrodoprice.jpg

Is there any guess as to when this will be released for pre-order so we can learn what the EX is?

I don't think that Sideshow has officially acknowledged its existence yet. It's gotten kind of lost amidst all the Twitter and Facebook and Instagram promotion hyping up all 157 new DC products.

The price hasn't been announced yet but my guess is $250-275. As far as the ex it hasn't been announced yet.

For the last time: They don't charge by the pound. The same design and detail went into the hobbits as any other statue. This will be at least $325-$350. So get your cryin' towels ready.

No way this is more than $300!:cuckoo:

The price hasn't been announced yet but my guess is $250-275. As far as the ex it hasn't been announced yet.

:exactly:

That would be like sculpting two completely new characters. Too much to expect that as an EX. I'm guessing helmets as the EX, although I wouldn't display them that way. I also think that whatever the EX will be has been decided and it's too late for our comments to impact the decision.

this is a wrap, onto the next piece: merry & pippin.

when is it coming out?!?!?! what pose???

We have a grim and determined and exhausted hobbit piece coming that captures that aspect of the characters and their journey. Now I'm ready for one that shows the other part of their nature:

4940347_std.jpg

Would be a great pose and also adds some height to the statue.

It doesn't seem like it would be too different from this one.
It seems like Sam's head is about Frodo's waist and Sam is standing the so the bottom of the base has to be lower.

We have a grim and determined and exhausted hobbit piece coming that captures that aspect of the characters and their journey. Now I'm ready for one that shows the other part of their nature:

4940347_std.jpg

unfortunately this will never happen, this entire line is about intense action/fighting poses. They will never do a relaxed/happy pose. Although i am having trouble remembering when merry/pippin were together just by the 2 of them in a fighting scene...

unfortunately this will never happen, this entire line is about intense action/fighting poses. They will never do a relaxed/happy pose. Although i am having trouble remembering when merry/pippin were together just by the 2 of them in a fighting scene...

The only scene that takes place on a battlefield with both Merry and Pippin is after Pippin's discovered by Merry near Eowyn and the remnants of the Morgul Lord. It's not exactly an action sequence but it certainly is grim if they're bound and determined not to give us any happy hobbits.

4940347_std.jpg

Or maybe dancing or having a brew!

When riding the Ent they were fairly tense so they could go with that as well.

i was thinking the part where they jumped onto the cave troll in moria.

but i think this pose of them both on weatherdrop about to fight the wring wratihs fits the line perfectly. with all the ring wraith pieces in the line so far.

Merry_and_Pippin_by_ursus327.jpg

Pippin-and-merry.jpg

Back