Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hobbits Maquette

AxjZnfFCIAAE0qf.jpg:large

Frodo and Sam together

I've been checking the image, and I have a clear conclusion. The figure displayed is Sam, and there is another figure on the table. I have highlated the head of the "second" figure, and near it can be seen the body.

samyfrodo2.jpg

Let me take a few seconds to pat myself on the back.

Frodo in Mordor Orc Armor? :dunno

Frodo's ( or Sam's...or Merry's...or Pippin's) garb looks really dark from that SMALL and UNCLEAR image, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd guess Frodo in orc armor (allowing for a switchout helmeted EX portrait) or right after he's excited Cirith Ungol, all dirty from his encounter with Shelob.

The base looks like it's an incline. Could be Frodo ascending Sammath Naur.

So many possibilities!

Looking at it over and over again, the unclear image reminds me of the Toybiz Frodo in Mordor Orc Armor figure. Maybe it's my imagination, but I can make out pauldrons...

Well...at least HALF right.

Frodo in mordor orc costume, I am disappointed :(

483149_496083033750702_334741811_n.jpg

AxjZnfFCIAAE0qf.jpg:large

Frodo and Sam together
I've been checking the image, and I have a clear conclusion. The figure displayed is Sam, and there is another figure on the table. I have highlated the head of the "second" figure, and near it can be seen the body.

samyfrodo2.jpg

I dunno, I can understand the outrage as far as wanting to have the ultimate / iconic / most epic (insert whatever adjective you want here) version of Sam and Frodo being represented, but I kind of dig the fact that Sideshow did a representation of Sam and Frodo that we've never seem on the high end side before...

What's all about those crappy mobile phone photos.
Nobody having a real camera nowadays?

Please SS make a switch-out arm with the ring for Frodo! :thud:

Now that I've said it, I came to realize ex'es will be helmets. Gentle Giant already made these, remember SS?

I am disappointed beyond words. All this long wait to finally get the hobbits. And then they chose the least representive outfit imaginable. :cuckoo: Forget putting the whole fellowship together as, well, the fellowship. Pippin in Gondorian armour all over again. Even worse IMO. :gah: Oh well, I guess I have to wait even more for another version of Frodo and Sam, if that happens at all. :dunno :thud:

I've been holding out on collecting this maquette line until it was certain they would get to the hobbits (after collecting the original sideshow/weta line only to be disappointed that 4 significant characters were unproduced) I never understood why the SS/W made 3 hobbits in their fellowship outfits then Pippin in his Gondor armour? Now seeing Frodo & Sam in orc armour I'm glad I didnt start buying them.
I want my hobbits to look as a hobbit should.

Now seeing Frodo & Sam in orc armour I'm glad I didnt start buying them.

A wise decision as it turns out! :lecture Never thought I would say that as until now I was 100% committed to this line...:(

I've been holding out on collecting this maquette line until it was certain they would get to the hobbits (after collecting the original sideshow/weta line only to be disappointed that 4 significant characters were unproduced) I never understood why the SS/W made 3 hobbits in their fellowship outfits then Pippin in his Gondor armour? Now seeing Frodo & Sam in orc armour I'm glad I didnt start buying them.

Yep, they should done something like this:

NA03Music_4.jpg

OK I see good news and bad news.

Good news we are getting Frodo & Sam.
Bad news why in the world they chose the orc armor? :slap

Back