Statue Frodo and Sam Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hobbits Maquette

It looks better to display them next to the big guys.
But I'm not willing to pay more than 200 bucks for a single hobbit or maybe even 175$, concidering Legolas was only 225$.

Wouldn't want to be a crybaby when there is not a clear picture of this but is this how SS decided to represent Frodo as his true character? In Orc armor looking around?

As far as I remember the statues in this line were going to show us "what it is that make the characters who they are", so Orc armor makes Frodo who he is then..

This will be the same price as the other maquettes. I always think it's funny that people think cuz hobbits are smaller they are gonna be cheaper. We are not paying by the pound for these statues. We are paying for the time and detail that is put into them. I'm sure the hobbit maquettes take just as much work to design and sculpt as any other figure in the maquette line. So expect the same price.

WTF?? Frodo alone?? They promised us the hobbits in pairs! The switch out part, instead of a switch out could it be another halfling?
There is too much space on the backside of the base... what do you think?

Frodo in mordor orc costume, I am disappointed :(

483149_496083033750702_334741811_n.jpg

This will be the same price as the other maquettes. I always think it's funny that people think cuz hobbits are smaller they are gonna be cheaper. We are not paying by the pound for these statues. We are paying for the time and detail that is put into them. I'm sure the hobbit maquettes take just as much work to design and sculpt as any other figure in the maquette line. So expect the same price.

Sorry, but I don't believe that. The SSW hobbits were cheaper, and if sideshows smaller characters like gimli, gollum and this weren't on huge chunks of pointless rock, they'd be cheaper.
They don't look better because they're as tall as human sculpts, they look like they don't fit in.

I think that they are trying to mislead us... They don't take Exclusive parts to Comic Con. I think that the misterious part is... another hobbit.
Finger crossed...

Their lotr line is a mess at the moment,maquette line is well underway and now they've started pumping PFs out again from nowhere. The maquette line started off well now it looks like it's going down the path of the PFs with just villians.

That maquette seems to look more like Sam than Frodo to me. Hard to tell though, will just have to continue to speculate until more pics come in!

What's that standing behind Gandalf in this pic? It could be the same as in the previous pic but with
helm on and carrying a shield but the high base seems to be missing... Could it be something else
entirely...? From the shape it almost looks like an elven (Gil-Galad's) shield...

391553_10150979576854145_1248600587_n.jpg

You mean the Aragorn regular version with hooded portrait?
That green stuff is just bubble wrap.

You mean the Aragorn regular version with hooded portrait?
That green stuff is just bubble wrap.

Hmmm. I know the green stuff is bubble wrap, and at first I guessed it could be Aragorn but I just saw something different in the
spapes, probably shadows playing tricks on my eyes... It's getting late here (in Sweden) and I have to go to bed soon and try to
get some sleep. I'd love to stay up and see things get revealed but just have to wait until tomorrow to look at everything.

Have fun all!

Back