Friday the 13th Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many of the films are uncut in that collection?

Only the first. These are released of the special editions that came out a couple years back. They do have a lot of behind the scene stuff and deleted/extended scenes.

Only the first. These are released of the special editions that came out a couple years back. They do have a lot of behind the scene stuff and deleted/extended scenes.

I'll bite when they put in all that delicious footage the MPAA cut out of them back in the day. So far I've only seen I-IV uncut, none with Kane. :(

I still have all the original issue DVDs. Won't buy any new ones unless they are the original uncut offerings, which I don't think will ever happen.

I like the look of the Paramount Box set better...and that Mask is pretty brutal.

I saw this at Best Buy the other day. It looks nice but the mask is puny. About the size of my hand.

How come none from V on? Is there some type of copyright issue?

I read that some of the cut footage has been lost. Can't remember for which movies or even if it's true though.

Got this set this week for my son for xmas, opened it to make sure everything was ok. Discs are all scratched to hell, with how you have to put them in and out. Go to amazon, and a dvd site, pretty much every set that has been opened by fans are trashed.

Amazon isnt even doing exchanges because of all the bad sets, only refunds.

Got this set this week for my son for xmas, opened it to make sure everything was ok. Discs are all scratched to hell, with how you have to put them in and out. Go to amazon, and a dvd site, pretty much every set that has been opened by fans are trashed.

Amazon isnt even doing exchanges because of all the bad sets, only refunds.

Yup. Disc 1-6 were fine, no problems. Put on part 7 to watch the behind the scenes and my xbox could not read it. Took it out and check under the disc, and it had been marked up with looks like to be the glue that sleeves uses to hold the disc. Took out part 8 and the same thing. Trying to wash it out with a cloth to see if it take care of it. Good thing I already have these 2 parts already from the older release.

I have all the individual DVD's from a few years ago. I was somewhat tempted to get this for the extra scenes and features but not now. I really hope we get a Blu ray box set soon or at least see Parts 4 through 8 released on Blu.

I have all the individual DVD's from a few years ago. I was somewhat tempted to get this for the extra scenes and features but not now. I really hope we get a Blu ray box set soon or at least see Parts 4 through 8 released on Blu.

I might be wrong, but I do not think there is anything extra from the individual special edition release and these. Just different packaging. I originally passed on those in hope of a blu ray box set too. But since nothing came out yet, I picked these up. blu-ray.com has Final Chapter in blu up for a while without a release date on that.

If we only get one more on blu ray, I want part 4 but I would want Joseph Zito to go back and be given the chance to help remaster this uncut and unrated with what ever extras that was never made public. A new commentary with Tom Savini and Ted White would be an ultimate cherry topper :pray::pray::pray:

Yeah im waiting for a blu release of these. Plus whats up with that horrible cover art. Now with the stories of all the scratched up discs i'll definetly pass these by.

I followed the band-wagon here... Surprisingly, only a couple disks had a few superficial scratches on them, nothing that affected playability. It was even the last set Wally-World had. Lol.

Am I the only ding-dong that can't find the effing 3-D glasses???

Back