Premium Format Freddy Krueger - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The doll does look better, but the skull will make a nice change now and then. Glad the base is higher as this will look great next to Jason, thanks for the pics.

I would like to know why Sideshow doesnt make a point of asking its customers what kind of exclusives they would like when going into development for a statue? Why do they insist on just doing whatever and then having everyone hate it?
And that goes for pose too. Why be so damn secretive and risk losing sales, when you could easily have all your statues sell out and in high demand just buy getting some simple feedback from us?

I have wondered that before, during, and after I painted for them. It's seems like a hug "duh" to me. Even when I was sort of on the inside, they really didn't seem to give a ____ about my input on poses and stuff like that. If anything, it seemed like they just got offended that I pointed out how something looked odd or suggested how it could be improved. Totally not open.

Apple comparison:

FreddyJasonPFcomparisontest2.jpg

Comparison if Freddy is 18" without base.

FreddyJasonPFcomparisontest.jpg

That looks PIIIIIIIIIIMP!!!!!:clap:clap:clap:mummy

I have wondered that before, during, and after I painted for them. It's seems like a hug "duh" to me. Even when I was sort of on the inside, they really didn't seem to give a ____ about my input on poses and stuff like that. If anything, it seemed like they just got offended that I pointed out how something looked odd or suggested how it could be improved. Totally not open.

You going to pick one of these guys up silent.

Putting them next to each other also makes the price difference between the two even more :cuckoo:

Totally agree...what are we paying extra for?

its a real shame to hear that.... for them to be so disinterested from someone who is both a collector and with talent is not in good form on their part. :(
i know they have lost 2 PF pre orders from me today cause of the disappointing freddy and storm. Just saves me more money :wave

It's true, they definitely circle the wagons there big time.

So what's the consensus? People loving this or hating? I do agree the pose could be alot better and the price is too high.

I'm still gonna order. Can't miss out on his

I paid $120 shipped for mine.

I like how Buttly convinced himself $350 for this is OK :lol

Well I got Jason free thanks to Rewards points, so $350 for two awesome PFs works for me too :lol

Apple comparison:

FreddyJasonPFcomparisontest2.jpg

Comparison if Freddy is 18" without base.

FreddyJasonPFcomparisontest.jpg

That does make for an excellent display. Cost aside, I don't think many are complaining about how awesome he looks as a piece.

I would like to know why Sideshow doesnt make a point of asking its customers what kind of exclusives they would like when going into development for a statue? Why do they insist on just doing whatever and then having everyone hate it?
And that goes for pose too. Why be so damn secretive and risk losing sales, when you could easily have all your statues sell out and in high demand just buy getting some simple feedback from us?

Most of the time, I think they do a good job with the EX choices. But this wasn't one of them. With the pose of the arm, they are limited a bit. But a severed head would have been freaking awesome. The skull? Not so much. Even a Springwood Slasher head/hands would have been better than the skull. They even ruined the Art Print with it. The doll on the art print would have been much creepier.

Sometimes I feel like they design a piece and then think of an exclusive afterward. Sometime they can fit something in seemlessly and other times it seems like they are just making an exclusive just to make an exclusive. A lot of the extra accessory exclusives seem like that. They just couldn't work a swap out piece into the piece. Other times it makes perfect sense and is awesome. I'd much rather they keep making decent freebies rather than not have an exclusive at all though. But I do feel let down with this one. An alternate head of any kind would have gone a long way I think.

Perhaps the skull will be magnetic to the exclusive hand though? That would be better. That way you could dispaly the hand without the skull just reaching out to a victim, and have the skull on the base perhaps? :dunno

It would look tons better if he was point towards someone as the ex hand. The skull is so stupid and looks awkward. I would only be displaying him with the doll

So what's the consensus? People loving this or hating? I do agree the pose could be alot better and the price is too high.

It's got a big flaw which is he really should be holding his glove with fingers spread in striking position. His arm's just dangling at his side with the claws all limp looking. SS really needs to reposition that arm and hand imo. They shouldn't release it as-is. This is a deal breaker for me, which is too bad because I love the doll motif. Also, something looks off about the hat.

Last edited:
Not to sound like one of the younger set (because I aint): but I think maybe the Jason part 3 EX spoiled a lot of us. For the price, and all the interchangeable parts, plus the print is there really any PF that can be more "epic" in our futures? The only ones who didnt like that, after all, were the discerning and tactful posters at Spawn forums.

It's got a big flaw which is he really should be holding his glove with fingers spread in striking position. His arm's just dangling at his side with the claws all limp looking. SS really needs to reposition that arm and hand imo. They shouldn't release it as-is. This is a deal breaker for me, which is too bad because I love the doll motif. Also, something looks off about the hat.

:exactly: I was really looking forward to the claws being prominent on this piece. Posing him sideways won't match anything else in my collection. These figures should be displayed with the eyes looking at you, especially with horror characters.

I agree with that, Anton. Jason packed a lot in for the bucks with that Exclusive. Compare anything to it, and it will come up short (no pun intended).

You going to pick one of these guys up silent.

Oh, I'm definitely getting this. The likeness, proportions, and clothes all scream Freddy to me. And the things I don't like, I'm going to customize the hell out of.

1) Fix hat to proper shape

2) Bend right arm at elbow to show glove better

3) Replace glove blades with screen accurate versions of real metal

4) Remove skull from left hand

5) (maybe) make hat removable with fully sculpted head option.

Most of the time, I think they do a good job with the EX choices. But this wasn't one of them.

Sometimes I feel like they design a piece and then think of an exclusive afterward. Sometime they can fit something in seemlessly and other times it seems like they are just making an exclusive just to make an exclusive. A lot of the extra accessory exclusives seem like that. They just couldn't work a swap out piece into the piece. Other times it makes perfect sense and is awesome. I'd much rather they keep making decent freebies rather than not have an exclusive at all though. But I do feel let down with this one. An alternate head of any kind would have gone a long way I think.

Agreed. I also know that they wanted to start stearing away from "must have" exclusives that make the general collector feel they totally missed out on the key accessory, or make retailers feel they are selling less of a product. Truth be told, an Exclusive is really only to get you to buy it directly from whoever is offering it. It shouldn't be the defining character. They don't want a regular version to feel like it's missing something. With that in mind, mission accomplished on this one.

Perhaps the skull will be magnetic to the exclusive hand though? That would be better. That way you could dispaly the hand without the skull just reaching out to a victim, and have the skull on the base perhaps? :dunno

I sure hope so. Maybe the specs will say exactly that. If you look closely, it doens't really look like he's holding it. It's just sort of stuck there.

I don't know what the complaints about the claw hand are. Freddy often hide that hand by his side. And there are tons of shots of the glove as his side. I think it works just fine. So many Freddy items focus too much on the glove its nice to see one that isn't, but still evokes Freddy's essence.

Agreed. I also know that they wanted to start stearing away from "must have" exclusives that make the general collector feel they totally missed out on the key accessory, or make retailers feel they are selling less of a product. Truth be told, an Exclusive is really only to get you to buy it directly from whoever is offering it. It shouldn't be the defining character. They don't want a regular version to feel like it's missing something. With that in mind, mission accomplished on this one.

I sure hope so. Maybe the specs will say exactly that. If you look closely, it doens't really look like he's holding it. It's just sort of stuck there.

Yeah, I was looking at the EX hand again and it really might be magnetic. That hand really isn't holding it up. And I'd think if it wasn't removable it would be 1 sculpt like the doll hand is. So I'm hopeful it is indeed magnetic. Sometimes I think Sideshow doesn't give us enough info on things.

Back