Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been the earliest I've ever seen returning volunteer registration. Previously I would not even be looking for it until January (thank you social media for keeping me in the loop in case I missed the email). SDCC 2017 didn't do return volunteer registration until March this year (the latest I had ever seen it since it was introduced).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I guess I'll have to keep my eye out for when I can join the "volunteer interest list." I was reading the volunteer FAQ info. I gotta get on the interest list first...

The pumpkin shot was with a compound bow at about 45 feet......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped on episode 6

You might want to skip episode 7 then lol :lol
What a terrible waste of time, added absolutely nothing and almost goes into jump the shark territory.
It made me laugh that i remembered you stopped at 6 and episode 7 is the worst episode of both seasons :lol

:thud:

I'm in shock, at both the incredible streak of luck I've had this year and at the generosity of the members here with all the amazing giveaways y'all do every year! :eek:

I was just saying in chat the other day, Spooktacular pretty much stopped being about Sideshow for me a number of years back. For me what I look forward to most all year long is just hanging out in this thread and the chat. Torturing you guys with giveaways both tricky & ridiculous, talking, joking and just generally being silly with a great group of people. I absolutely love it and I love all you crazy bastards too! :lol

:1-1:

1jtg8n.jpg

I haven't shown you guys the extra item from this year's scratch off card yet, two lucky kit owners will win one of these:

View attachment 374779

Mort "Sleep is for the Weak" Puzzle

Sorry for the flash glare, the puzzle has a metallic/sparkly finish that looks very cool, but makes it a bit hard to properly photograph. Also, you might notice there is a third puzzle shown in the picture, haven't figured out yet if I want to be greedy and keep for myself or do another giveaway for it... :huh

:wink1:

:panic: :thud: :pray:

Happy Halloween!

Got a notification from Facebook this morning saying that I originally posted this 7 yeas ago, thought I'd share it here with you guys:

73124_172819759400346_6095644_n.jpg

I've still got Mort around here somewhere, maybe I'll dig him out for the day, though if I recall he's a little worse for wear and might even be missing a foot at this point... :rotfl

Happy Halloween all! Posting winners in 15 minutes!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Happy Halloween!

Got a notification from Facebook this morning saying that I originally posted this 7 yeas ago, thought I'd share it here with you guys:

View attachment 374855

I've still got Mort around here somewhere, maybe I'll dig him out for the day, though if I recall he's a little worse for wear and might even be missing a foot at this point... :rotfl

Just chalk it up to deterioration over the years - LOL

Happy Halloween, Freaks. Love that we still have our own freaktacular. This is still my favorite place on the internet.

Alright.... Time to announce the winners of my contest. but before I do let me answer the question on which was my first classic monster movie I saw and that was... Frankenstein! THis is how I got hooked. So I was about 4 and amc was playing all the classics around october. My parents told me to go to bed but around 12 at night I got up to go downstairs since I was afraid of some shadow in the room. as I go downstairs my father is still awake watching a movie. I look and he's watching Frankenstein. As a kid I didn't know it but as Colin Clive pulls the sheet back and reveals the monster I jumped back. Next thing you know he's showing the monster go into the air and being shocked. When the monster comes down and moves and Colin Clive screams he's alive as the hand moved I trembled with fear and went back up into my room. Next day it was playing again before I went to school and I asked my mom if she knew what movie my dad was watching last night and she asked. He told her and she searched the channel and they were having a classic marathon all day. She puts it on and records the movie on a VHS and when I got home I watched it. That is how I got into the classic monsters after I watched Frankenstein I watched Dracula, Wolfman and of course Creature from the Black Lagoon. I watched the original Mummy once as a kid but I barely remeber watching it.. I watched Mummy's Hand and Ghost more. That is my story on how I got into the classics. Me being scared seeing the corpse and running to my room thinking about is it possible to bring the dead back really intrigued and scared the hell out of me. That is my story and Frankenstein was the first for me but most of my memories as I recall all the classics are my true first films into the cinema besides Godzilla. Now for the winners!

And the winners are....

1:xipotec "Sideshow Mummy"
2:Centurion "Frankenstein 1931 Glow in the Dark DVD"
3:Crows "The Strangers Glow in the Dark DVD"
4:Kenbenobi "Creature from the Black Lagoon Digital Code"

Wow and there you go. Very hard to decide on who won all had really good answers but xipotex guessed Frankenstein correct and had a good story. The rest of the winners had great stories too wish I could give everyone something to win. Congrats to the winners i'll be messaging you shortly! Stay spooky!

Ryan

Received my Darth Madden 2017 Freaktacular Prize!! It's ridiculously overflowing with awesomeness! Thanks Darth Madden!!
27d43be4ed5c2676bf8936026e89fdf4.jpg
b0a2a11320eec0a07580861b8b709adc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome stuff! I think I need that R2D2 promo card thingy. They gave them out at SDCC and there were a couple I missed. Don't think I was there to grab R2.
Darth Madden, if you have any more of those let me know I have some of the others I could trade.

:thud:

I'm in shock, at both the incredible streak of luck I've had this year and at the generosity of the members here with all the amazing giveaways y'all do every year! :eek:

I was just saying in chat the other day, Spooktacular pretty much stopped being about Sideshow for me a number of years back. For me what I look forward to most all year long is just hanging out in this thread and the chat. Torturing you guys with giveaways both tricky & ridiculous, talking, joking and just generally being silly with a great group of people. I absolutely love it and I love all you crazy bastards too! :lol

:1-1:

Same. :1-1: :grouphug I need to make sure to get back on track with new Punk Prizes for next year. I love this group of yahoos..

Awesome stuff! I think I need that R2D2 promo card thingy. They gave them out at SDCC and there were a couple I missed. Don't think I was there to grab R2.
Darth Madden, if you have any more of those let me know I have some of the others I could trade.

I don't have any more doubles at the moment. The last one I need is Obi Wan from SW Celebration.

Back