Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

CONTEST TIME!

For my first Freaktacular contest this year, I start with a guessing game.

As many of you know, I am a high school teacher. I figured I'd center a random question on that little tid-bit.

I have 5 classes total, and have three different subjects that I teach:

2 classes of AP Biology
2 classes of Human Anatomy and Physiology
1 class of standard level biology

My question is this:

How many total students do I teach in one day between those five classes?

I will count any answer that is within 10% in either direction of the actual student total as correct.
All correct answers will be put into a random drawing, and the winning selection will get their choice of one of the following prizes:

Prize Choice A (a selection of mystery mini figures)
IMG_3395.jpg

or

Prize Choice B (Kylo Ren's Shuttle Metal Works Model
IMG_3396.jpg

Rules:
1. This contest is open to any member who wants to participate in Freaktacular this year, and whose address will not cost me an arm and a leg in shipping (Sorry, this one will only be for those with US shipping addresses, but I am trying to think of a way to do a contest that can include our non-US Freaks).
2. Only one entry per participant.
3. Entries must be submitted as a post in this thread.
4. This contest ends 24 hours after the time/date stamp that this post gets when I submit it (the time stamp at the upper left hand corner of the post will be our starting point).
5. There isn't really a 5th rule, I just like multiples of 5 so put this in as a place holder.

24 hours from now I'll post a list of all who were in the range for my student count, and then do the random drawing.

Have Fun Freaks!

CONTEST TIME!

As many of you know, I am a high school teacher. I figured I'd center a random question on that little tid-bit.

2 classes of AP Biology

My question is this:

I will count any answer that is within 10% in either direction of the actual student total as correct.
All correct answers will be put into a random drawing, and the winning selection will get their choice of one of the following prizes:

View attachment 296001

or

View attachment 296002

Rules:
1. This contest is open to any member who wants to participate in Freaktacular this year, and whose address will not cost me an arm and a leg in shipping (Sorry, this one will only be for those with US shipping addresses, but I am trying to think of a way to do a contest that can include our non-US Freaks).
4. This contest ends 24 hours after the time/date stamp that this post gets when I submit it (the time stamp at the upper left hand corner of the post will be our starting point).
5. There isn't really a 5th rule, I just like multiples of 5 so put this in as a place holder.

24 hours from now I'll post a list of all who were in the range for my student count, and then do the random drawing.

Have Fun Freaks!

Great contest! My guess : 118

Mrdbios I guess 100 students.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was watching a documentary on ROTLD, and for that scene Linnea had to wear a prosthesis over her crotch. They wanted her shaved, but not anatomically correct. They had to avoid a x rating

I just watched that. Weird stuff man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can someone tell me why i keep getting unsubscribed from this thread? is it a glitch? can a mod explain this to me? is it something else? is the thread changing? this is the second time I get unsubscribed.

it is just weird because I check my subscriptions instead of coming here directly just because it is easier to do on my phone and i dont see anything. no new posts, why is that happening? first time I figured because the name changed but why the second time?
I didn't even realize Veil had made new sigs... :(

Last edited:

I'm going to go with 73 students! I wonder if my original guess will have ended up being better...I changed it as I wrote it :lol

Sorry to hear about your computer issues Veil and now Zod...they're the worst, really. It's insane how dependent we are on technology these days, and yet, it allows us all to do things together that we'd otherwise never be able to do. I mean, for those of us born in the '80s or before, it was like, we knew our neighbours, and we knew of distant relatives that lived a few hours away that we'd see once a year. :lol Now it's worldwide Freaktacular with zero effort! :lol

I hope you guys get it sorted out though and everything remains intact that you had saved!

I'm going to come up with a Trick'r Treat giveaway this week for the first contest! Not sure what it'll be, but I'll think of something while driving to work. :lol

Right now, I'm off to watch The Purge: Election Year! Missed it in theaters (like so many movies with my new shift) so I'm excited to check it out! The original Purge was a disappointment. Fantastic premise for a movie, but flawed as a whole in its delivery. The Purge: Anarchy was 100x better, and exactly what the franchise should be! Loved that one. Lots of fun. Hoping this one has the same spirit of that one...we shall see, and I shall report back!

Zero students. You said between the classes

CONTEST TIME!

2 classes of AP Biology

My question is this:

View attachment 296001

or

View attachment 296002

Rules:

Have Fun Freaks!

Back