Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

Okay freaks! time for a quick contest. it's gonna be halloween themed trivia this time around. :D

rules are, the first person to post the 3 correct answers in this thread wins.

the winner gets to choose between a digital copy of Batman VS Superman: Dawn of Justice or Batman The Killing Joke!

the questions are....

1. Who Founded the Count Dracula Society, and in what year?
2. What continent(s)does the "Vampire Bat" originate from?
3. How many days did it take to film the 1978 classic "Halloween"?

Go! :panic:

1: Dr. Donald A Reed in 1962
2. Central America (North American continent) and South America
3. 20 days

CONTEST TIME!

For my first Freaktacular contest this year, I start with a guessing game.

As many of you know, I am a high school teacher. I figured I'd center a random question on that little tid-bit.

I have 5 classes total, and have three different subjects that I teach:

2 classes of AP Biology
2 classes of Human Anatomy and Physiology
1 class of standard level biology

My question is this:

How many total students do I teach in one day between those five classes?

I will count any answer that is within 10% in either direction of the actual student total as correct.
All correct answers will be put into a random drawing, and the winning selection will get their choice of one of the following prizes:

Prize Choice A (a selection of mystery mini figures)
View attachment 296001

or

Prize Choice B (Kylo Ren's Shuttle Metal Works Model
View attachment 296002

Rules:
1. This contest is open to any member who wants to participate in Freaktacular this year, and whose address will not cost me an arm and a leg in shipping (Sorry, this one will only be for those with US shipping addresses, but I am trying to think of a way to do a contest that can include our non-US Freaks).
2. Only one entry per participant.
3. Entries must be submitted as a post in this thread.
4. This contest ends 24 hours after the time/date stamp that this post gets when I submit it (the time stamp at the upper left hand corner of the post will be our starting point).
5. There isn't really a 5th rule, I just like multiples of 5 so put this in as a place holder.

24 hours from now I'll post a list of all who were in the range for my student count, and then do the random drawing.

Have Fun Freaks!

Don't forget to get your answers in. It looks like lots of people have submitted so far, but you still have about 2 hours to get answers in if you haven't all ready. Remember, I will count any answer within 10% of the actual answer as correct, and all correct submissions will go into a random drawing for their choice of prize from the quoted post.

Good luck!

1: Dr. Donald A Reed in 1962
2. Central America (North American continent) and South America
3. 20 days

correct!! :D PM me which one you'd like and i'll send ya the code mrdbios!

1. Bernard Davies and Bruce Wightman 1973.
2. South America
3.20 days

Sent from the Fortress of Solitude.

very close second! your first answer isn't wrong but not the one i was looking for :)

if you want you can take the code mrdbios doesn't want! :)

correct!! :D PM me which one you'd like and i'll send ya the code mrdbios!

very close second! your first answer isn't wrong but not the one i was looking for :)

if you want you can take the code mrdbios doesn't want! :)
Yeah I wasn't sure on that one. Great contest! Maybe offer it up again as a new contest? And congrats mrdbios!

Sent from the Fortress of Solitude.

Before my baseball game yesterday, I had some pumpkin cheesecake ice cream from Baskin-Robbins. Sooo good, but of course, you have to like both.

So I quickly looked online and Ben & Jerry's has their version! I might have to pick one up tomorrow. :)

18597c9a1d13b69180cd61018c227783.jpg

Oh man, I don't think they have that in Canada. Loads of unique snack foods in the States that make day trips down there to grocery shop an adventure each time! My wife would love that though...may have to make one of those trips in the coming weeks.

On the horror movie front, The Purge: Election Year was okay...it's more action violence, or any type of horror now. I mean, the premise is messed up, but it's not like it's scary aside from the fact that the idea is scary...the tone is more action oriented now. Either way, fun flick..I still think that The Purge: Anarchy is the best of the bunch.

Sounds like the writer/director is looking to make a fourth movie, but instead of continuing on with the story, he's going to jump backwards and tell a story about how it all began. We'll wait and see how that goes. I often find that explanation stories can ruin things, and a movie about how the country gets to a point to allow for this to take place sounds like it'll be heavily political and missing the elements that's made the three so far successful.

I'll definitely leave myself open to it! But that said, I think it'd be just as good to go back and just tell random stories every couple of years. I guess eventually that may become redundant, but I think there are one or two installments where just having people needing to survive would remain intense. But hey, maybe going back to the beginning will skip the politics and just jump into the first Purge. That may be interesting to see...total insanity hitting the streets and the reaction to those who aren't fully prepared for what's actually happening.

I'm definitely putting too much thought into this. :lol

raw

Congrats D!
Wow you answered all three correctly within 6 minutes of Zach's post. :clap

Thanks!:yess:

I was sitting in my car in a parking lot waiting for my daughter to finish at a birthday party. Down time certainly had its advantages in this case.

OK. Here are the results:

I had 23 people enter my contest.

My classes break down as follows:

Anatomy/Physiology 1: 28 kids
Anatomy/Physiology 2: 24
AP Biology 1: 31
AP Biology 2: 27
Standard Biology: 26

Total: 136

With my 10% higher/lower range, that gives us a range of correct answers from 122-150.

Seven people were within the range:
Centurion
Ink
RavenEye
HappyBoy
RogueBaron
Strezz-dout
GeneralZodLives

I included Veil in the list because he does so much for us all. If anybody has an issue with that, tough.

I'll input them into a random name picker and be back with our winner.

Hey Zod I think centurion is taking your spooktacular grand champion title. He has 3 wins so far. :)

Back