Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a gift on the way to my Secret someone. However, I originally planned on shipping multiple gifts so that my Secret Santa can open several presents, but...

We have been having serious brush fires here in Southern California.
It started in one community and has since grown to 5 different locations, 3 of which are in major areas.
The children from the schools around me were evacuated Tuesday.
Fires are still burning today. Many now homeless. :(

I'll try to get more gifts shipped but can't make any guarantees. Sorry.

Stay safe and hope you aren't affected. Not that it would be better any other time of the year, but it is especially terrible being so close to Christmas time to have many families displaced and potentially lose everything...

I got a gift on the way to my Secret someone. However, I originally planned on shipping multiple gifts so that my Secret Santa can open several presents, but...

It started in one community and has since grown to 5 different locations, 3 of which are in major areas.

Stay safe Centurion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible stay safe man.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I just sent Lance the second half of his gift from last year's Secret Santa yesterday and I still have a stack of Mort Kits sitting in front of me waiting for stamps, so I figured I'd better bow out of this event until I get my act together... :nono

Still anxiously awaiting my Mort kit, did you get them out yet?

Had to move some things around in our entertainment room, to make room for a new TV.....

So moved all the display shelves...what a job! Take every figure out, clean and put back. Cleaning detolf glass sucks...

Kylo and his crew didn’t fit on this shelf....

And a new acquisition for scale...
3f84192b022c42884492963ae9b3cc97.jpg

THose are all Ikea Detolf display units? Been trying to decide what to do for my stuff, right now most is on a repurposed CD/DVD slap-together shelf.

And what is that Xwing? It looks amazing, where did you get it?

Be safe out there bro.

Stay safe and hope you aren't affected. Not that it would be better any other time of the year, but it is especially terrible being so close to Christmas time to have many families displaced and potentially lose everything...

Stay safe Centurion!

Terrible stay safe man.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Praying for you and your neighbors, Centurion.

Be safe out there bro.

Thank you fellas!
We're on high alert here because of the winds.

You know that high pitched beep your phone emits when there's an Amber alert?
Emergency response is using the same thing to alert everyone in this area if the fires require us to evac.
Can't sleep tonight... again.

Posted yesterday....

405-bushfire-ht-3-er-171206_12x5_992.jpg

1100x619

i cant believe those are real, looks like an apocalypse movie.

stay safe my friend. thoughts and prayers go out to those dealing with this

THose are all Ikea Detolf display units? Been trying to decide what to do for my stuff, right now most is on a repurposed CD/DVD slap-together shelf.

And what is that Xwing? It looks amazing, where did you get it?

Yep, all Detolf with my LED mods...

They sit on another IKEA product called Kalex....great combo in my opinion!

The X-wing is, in my opinion the best version made so far that can be had for a reasonable price....the nose scale in particular is very very good. Most x-wings suffer from “too short nose syndrome” TSNS... LOL

Mine is a POTF Luke X-wing with light and sound era 1997

The Dagobah X-wing is basically the same from 1996.... both great toy level x-wings...will post pics later!

Yep, all Detolf with my LED mods...

They sit on another IKEA product called Kalex....great combo in my opinion!

Can you post a "shopping list" of what pieces you bought to make that display? I've tried shopping the Ikea website and have never figured out what folks are buying to get the great looking displays I've see.

The X-wing is, in my opinion the best version made so far that can be had for a reasonable price....the nose scale in particular is very very good. Most x-wings suffer from “too short nose syndrome” TSNS... LOL

Mine is a POTF Luke X-wing with light and sound era 1997

The Dagobah X-wing is basically the same from 1996.... both great toy level x-wings...will post pics later!

Oh, so it's a toy on display, as opposed to the Master Replicas or eFX models that were hundreds of dollars. Is this the same one?
https://www.amazon.com/POTF-Electronic-Power-Lukes-X-Wing/dp/B000E3EE6O

Got my secret Santa’s package shipped out today. Hope recipient likes all the prizes. Went slightly overboard but oh well lol. Really tried to get a variety of items.

Can you post a "shopping list" of what pieces you bought to make that display? I've tried shopping the Ikea website and have never figured out what folks are buying to get the great looking displays I've see.

Oh, so it's a toy on display, as opposed to the Master Replicas or eFX models that were hundreds of dollars. Is this the same one?
https://www.amazon.com/POTF-Electronic-Power-Lukes-X-Wing/dp/B000E3EE6O

Those are the correct ones....

POTF Red leader the figure came out but no electronics. Some light painting to wear it down and it looks great.

Here is an earlier post I made describing the process...

DETOLF Build and Custom LED Setup Instructions

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forums/showthread.php?t=160832&share_type=t

Centurion - Hope all is well. I used to live not too far from those fires and for them to get into those area's is real scary. I can deal with snow and cold but fires is one thing you can't really deal wit cause when they come it's very hard to get out in time.

Got my secret Santa’s package shipped out today. Hope recipient likes all the prizes. Went slightly overboard but oh well lol. Really tried to get a variety of items.

I went overboard as well. Plan on shipping my stuff out this coming week.

I did also....too much fun shopping for someone with similar tastes....

I didn’t spend like $50 or anything. But went over. It was fun to getting all the item set together from different places.

Last edited:
Back