Freak Grill-Masters Unite!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McHavyck

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, 'tis the time for my favorite season, Summer. Not only do women wear much less, it's also primo grilling season.

So, putting it out there...what other Freaks also have much love for the art of the grill?

What's your favorite thing to grill?

Mine are filets (done medium-rare) with a dry rub of cracked black pepper, sea salt, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and a little minced garlic.:monkey5

Also, as a side - Southwestern Grilled Corn.

This is corn on the cob grillled until you get some burn marks on all sides. When done, brush a mixture of 3 parts sour cream/1 part mayo with your desired amount of cayenne pepper and cilantro. Once you brush on the mixture, sprinkle some shreaded parmesan cheese and enjoy.

An honorable mention to Beer-Brats (first boiled in beer until they get white) and then thrown on the grill with some sauteed onions.

Wow man. I once read people usually consume an unhealthy does of calories at a BBQ. Something like 2400 per meal. OMG!!!! That is how people gain weight. :horror:google:lol

I got my first grill last summer and kept it simple. Burgers, dogs, chicken.

I'm looking to try new things this summer though. I've been doing salmon lately. The first time didn't go so well, burnt it. Last Sunday turned out much better though.

My favorite food is ribs, especially at Longhorn Steakhouse. :monkey5
I haven't mustered up enough courage to try grilling my own yet though.

I do a honey mustard marinade and let the chicken soak in it for a full day before I put 'em on the grill. It's AWESOME!

It's actually a recipe I found online - The Honorable Frank Lautenberg's recipe (think he was a congressman or something). You're probably supposed to bake it, but I do it on the grill. Good stuff!

Anyone ever watch Bobby Flay's Boy Meets Grill? He grills up some AWESOME looking grub. If anyone wants some good grilling tips, I suggest watching that.

I added a link above to the website, lots of recipes there.

Kain, what's a hobo-tater?

You start off by making a pouch out of aluminum foil. Take some whole potato's wash them off slice them up and make a single layer on the bottom of your pouch spread the butter evenly over them spread some onions, powdered garlic, salt, and pepper over top of the onions. Rinse and repeat until you have enough for everyone then make a top out of foil cover throw on the grill until the taters are soft open up and enjoy.

unfortunately im grill-less right now. but i do love some brats on the grill. grilled shrimp is pretty good too. it's the only way ill eat a shrimp in fact. this thread should be called "Freak Grill-Masters Ignite" sorry that's lame.:lol

Oh man, I love grilling myself. Anything you can cook on a stove, you can make better on the grill. Some of my faves are of course....steak, bbq chicken, Brats, ribs, corn on the cob(i leave mine in the shuck), pork chops...etc....As you can see, I love it all, and I got the belly to prove it. LOL :D

Oh man, I love grilling myself. Anything you can cook on a stove, you can make better on the grill. Some of my faves are of course....steak, bbq chicken, Brats, ribs, corn on the cob(i leave mine in the shuck), pork chops...etc....As you can see, I love it all, and I got the belly to prove it. LOL :D

AMEN TO THAT:rock

You start off by making a pouch out of aluminum foil. Take some whole potato's wash them off slice them up and make a single layer on the bottom of your pouch spread the butter evenly over them spread some onions, powdered garlic, salt, and pepper over top of the onions. Rinse and repeat until you have enough for everyone then make a top out of foil cover throw on the grill until the taters are soft open up and enjoy.

Here's me thinking you went searching alley ways & under bridges for potato's :lol:lol

yes, grilled corn in the shuck is also one of The Craw's favorites.

Back