Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man SSE Dio - The Wait List Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should try to relax. You obviously want this piece in a major way and you say you're committed to the SSE dio line. At editions of 50 a pop this IS probably going to happen to you again. Hold on your waitlist and prepare for the fact you are probably going to have to pay 400.00-600.00 to get one if it doesn't go through. Just wait for the price you want. Keep your paypal account loaded and fire when ready.

Actually I don't think I will relax until the piece is in my collection. I'm hoping that in the future, when orders are made available through PPO and newsletters, that I am able to score at least one of the pieces directly from Sideshow. Having been through the quick sellout of the Marvel fuax bronzes, and coming up empty handed, even when I only selected the Daredevil, shows me that my odds are grim even in that situation. I am prepared to pay the types of prices you mention. However, I don't want to pay through the roof prices one week after the product was made available. And I know that that boils down to my patience. The key ingredient is that I remain patient.

Dont worry about paypal, its loaded alright. I'm ready! What's driving me crazy right now is that the individual on ebay will not respond to my offer. I would appreciate at least a decline, but they seem to be refusing to communicate at all.

So maybe there are a lot of EU people that have it ordered (it was a decent hour for us when it went up) and some of them might cancel ...

Thank you Vince. You give me hope.

...What's driving me crazy right now is that the individual on ebay will not respond to my offer. I would appreciate at least a decline, but they seem to be refusing to communicate at all...

He is just being smart... if he is seriously considering your offer, he will probably wait until almost the last moment to accept it, hoping for a higher offer or for someone to use the BIN in the meantime; it is not that he is refusing to communicate, but trying to maximize his profits.

:lecture

Thanks Lonnie! That's why I look to you for advice in these situations.

But if he would just send me a counteroffer, I might be crazy enough to accept. Then I would be one of the few willing to pay top dollar to ensure that I did not ultimately miss the diorama. Waiting drives me crazy.

:crying

:lecture

Thanks Lonnie! That's why I look to you for advice in these situations.

But if he would just send me a counteroffer, I might be crazy enough to accept. Then I would be one of the few willing to pay top dollar to ensure that I did not ultimately miss the diorama. Waiting drives me crazy.

:crying

Ah, but counteroffers are tricky... if he might sell it at your offer, but tries to get a little more with a counteroffer and you refuse, he loses the original offer as well.

Ah, but counteroffers are tricky... if he might sell it at your offer, but tries to get a little more with a counteroffer and you refuse, he loses the original offer as well.

But since this seller seems to be a board member here, he must have knowledge of how much I want the piece. And if I do not accept his counter, in most cases, I am able to make a counter to his offer. Otherwise, I could always make another offer from the start again, as long as he did not put a very low restriction on number of offers allowed.

:(

1 big reason Im glad mine converted is that if they keep all of the dio's SSE ES's at 50 from here on out, this first one will probably always pull the most on the secondary market no matter what... :monkey1

I actually asked the mistress for a fair shot at a preorder of the next SSE Diorama, whatever it may be. I expressed my sad tale to her in hopes of the Sideshow Gods shining down on me...

:lol

But in all seriousness, I hope there is no new SSE Dio for quite awhile. I need the rest.

:D

Back