Forgiving imperfections on PF's(and other pieces)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am generally forgiving of minor imperfections. But a lot is based on the price of an item too. If I dump several hundred on an item it damn well better be perfect. With 1/6 stuff I am more tolerant.

But anything extremely noticable, regardless of price it will get sent back.

But one of your darkness PF's isn't even painted!!!!! why didn't you send that back? :monkey3

These things are individually hand done, so there are bound to be inconsistencies. Personally, if I have to shoot it with a macro lens or take a magnifying glass to see a flaw, it's not worth the trouble to return it for me. I've also had problems that I thought were huge issues that just took some creative problem solving, such as white specs on vinyl.

I don't know what the lines on Lara are - but if you made them less noticeable with just rubbing, I'd take a soft pencil eraser and see if that will make them go away completely. If you rub the paint off though, it's not my fault.

Pretty much all of the pieces in my collection in fantastic condition. I've been lucky when it comes to statues. Only 2 have come messed up. When I got my Pred Cinemaquette, I first opened it, checked it out, and it was perfect. Then, after 2 weeks, I noticed the paint started to flake off. It was fairly small, but it was on the torso, so it was noticeable. It bothered my for days, until I decided to return it. There was no way I could live with that, and considering I paid so much for it, it should have been perfect. Pretty much what most people would say... if you know it's there, and it bothers you, return it.

Back