Force Friday Hot Toys predictions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be happiest to see a Rey and Kylo upfront, since those are my two favorite ST trilogy characters.

And they've already shown what the characters look like.

I wouldn't mind seeing Poe, either, since he wasn't released at all for TFA - but I prefer his TLJ outfit and will wait for that one. I think the flight suits are kinda ugly and I don't like how they display without a ship, so this scale would be 'blah' for me.

It will probably be troopers, though, in which case I'll look forward to reveals around the movie or after since I have no interest in any faceless troopers or guards.

I really hope Hot Toys won't release the Praetorian guards they way they did with the Death Troopers. I prefer to see all of the guards that HTs makes and pick 2. Also hope they come in 2 packs.

Is anyone going to buy troopers considering they are more or less the same as TFA ? Ok with an extra sci-fi pitchfork thing. Still a lot of original duck troopers around too.

Is anyone going to buy troopers considering they are more or less the same as TFA ? Ok with an extra sci-fi pitchfork thing. Still a lot of original duck troopers around too.

The special one that is shown in the bts video, I will buy. If they release another one with the black shoulder pad or just a plain one with the slightly different helmet, I probably won't, unless it is much much improved.

I’m hoping Poe finally gets a figure, and hope it’s the flightsuit just because it’s a little more interesting than the casual look.

I would guess we’ll see a trooper or two, but I don’t think they’ll go overboard like they did with TFA. I have a feeling they’re going to play it safe this time and see how those sell before we start getting into all the variations and combo packs.

Maybe they’ll show Kylo. Not sure about Rey. On the one hand, she’ll probably be an easy figure to make a prototype of since the new outfit is very similar to her TFA outfit. But on the other, I think they’re more prone to show the baddies first.

As far as what I will personally buy from TLJ, I haven’t made up my mind yet. It will depend heavily on how the movie is. I loved TFA but I kept my purchases to just Rey (with BB8) and Han. I may go for Kylo and Phasma or a trooper for this movie. But Poe is a contender—just depends on how much they give him to do this time.

X-Wing Poe is one of my top wants from Hot Toys period, along with POTC Barbossa. I think he has a good chance at this point considering they've done almost all the heroes at this point, with the exception of him and Leia. Leia probably has a good chance at figure as well. If I like the outfit I would get her to complete the original heroes.

The new Stormtrooper with the pike and grey paint apps looks pretty cool, so I may be in for that. I'm almost certain that's one of the first releases. Kylo Ren as well, since he was also announced on TFA's Force Friday.

I would get a normal Stormtrooper only if they improve the articulation.

I was thinking I would pass on Kylo since I have the TFA figure. But I'm weak and Kylo's my favorite so I'll probably get it... lol

Have HT Kylo, Anovos Kylo, All the 6" Kylos, a few 3.75 >_> ... Looking at getting a hilt and the Kotobukiya 1/7 Kylo...

I have a problem guys.

I’m hoping Poe finally gets a figure, and hope it’s the flightsuit just because it’s a little more interesting than the casual look.

X-Wing Poe is one of my top wants from Hot Toys period, along with POTC Barbossa. I think he has a good chance at this point considering they've done almost all the heroes at this point, with the exception of him and Leia. Leia probably has a good chance at figure as well. If I like the outfit I would get her to complete the original heroes.

Poe and Finn two pack with shared jacket would be great.:monkey3:lol

But seriously - it amazed me they didn't do Poe in his flightsuit. I mean BB is HIS droid. That pairing would have been obvious.

Poe and Finn two pack with shared jacket would be great.:monkey3:lol

But seriously - it amazed me they didn't do Poe in his flightsuit. I mean BB is HIS droid. That pairing would have been obvious.

Yeah a Poe with BB-8 set should be a given for TLJ at this point. I was surprised they didn't make him for TFA as well. Such a great looking outfit, and they made all the other main new characters. He and BB-8 were also crucial to the success of the Resistance in TFA.

Yeah. Poe in flightsuit is a must. I mean didn't the props company selling professional props even do a 1:1 of Poe's helmet ? It looked so cool. Red & black.

Talibane the twin pack with Finn is a great idea. Same jacket..... again !

Kylo likely won't be as "evil" in this one, so I'll pass on him.

Yeah it looks like it turns out he's been controlled by that new female millennial-Emperor character played by Lena Dunham.

I'll add one more to the Force Friday potentials list.

Don't underestimate this one.....

Chewbacca (With Porg)

I can see ebay flooded with old OT and TFA Chewies now.....

I was thinking I would pass on Kylo since I have the TFA figure. But I'm weak and Kylo's my favorite so I'll probably get it....

With Kylo being my favorite, too, I won't mind having both - plus the TFA one looks great with the helmeted look and TLJ one will surely come with an Adam Driver sculpt, so it ends up working out perfect for me.

Is it too optimistic to hope for a Krennic at this point?

Back