For those of you on the West Coast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am totally at the Vegas show. Going to use my wife's discount for my tixs. Thanks Ween for the heads-up.

Will be here at the Orleans Arena with tixs starting at $35. & up. I want to see how many LOTR fans there are in Vegas.

I've been to this show in Holland yesterday (Rotterdam, De Doelen).

It was EPIC. Awesome beyond proportions.

I will go to this show in my country in 2012 (Two Towers) and 2013 (Return of the King ) as well. I can't wait.

True LOTR fans should not miss this.

I'm a bit confused by this so just wanted to clarify.

A few years ago, they had the orchestra show of the Fellowship of the Ring but I never could catch one on the West Coast.

Is this the same?

Or is this basically watching the ENTIRE movie (3 plus hours!) except as we're watching the movie, the entire soundtrack is being played live by the orchestra?

Also, has The Two Towers and Return of the King ever made it to the West Coast yet?

Thanks

Dennis

Or is this basically watching the ENTIRE movie (3 plus hours!) except as we're watching the movie, the entire soundtrack is being played live by the orchestra?

Also, has The Two Towers and Return of the King ever made it to the West Coast yet?

Thanks

Dennis

Yes to your 2nd question. This is the performance in which the entire film is shown with the score being played live with a full orchestra. This is the first time this is happening on the West Coast (well, at least the first time in SoCal...I can't speak for other states). Hopefully The Two Towers and Return of the King will be done here as well.

I saw FOTR and TT in NYC the past two years and was hoping they would do ROTK this year, but it seems it has now been pushed to 2012. I suppose to coincide with the release of part one of The Hobbit.

Hopefully.........one day..........they'll remember us in the middle of the country. :(

Thanks for the reply, just got 2 VIP tickets last night for the Anaheim showing. It's supposed to be in one of the best seats in the entire symphony hall and afterwards we get to meet and shake the composer's hand.

I've never had such good seats before so I'm pretty excited. Even more shocking, my wife who is NOT a big LotR fan decided to go with me!! I guess the addition of a full orchestra intrigued her enough to sit through a 3 hour movie with me again. LoL.

Dennis

Back