Folding@home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that thread is too complex for me...:google:google:google

*leaves forever*

Rugby? 17?

You going down foo!!

Ha! Not sure if I should be proud or disappointed that I haven't been playing more games recently. My PS3 has been getting a lot of time to number crunch recently. Hopefully GTA and Metal Gear will fix that soon.

i'll be a selfish bastard and only use my future ps3 for movies and games....mostly movies.

so you just stare at virtual molecules for hours on end? is that how this works?

No, you just leave the system on while you aren't playing. There isn't anything to watch.

with all the mainframe and super computers out there, why do they need our little systems?

with all the mainframe and super computers out there, why do they need our little systems?

One little system doesn't add up to much but when you add up all the systems contributing around the world it adds up to much, much more. More than a super computer... and with supercomputers a group has to reserve time and get in line...

One of the coolest features of folding is the globe that shows you everyone who has a folding system around the world.

Systems like this are going to start becoming a lot more common... in the long run the idea is to utilize systems and computers that are laying dormant vs. building new ones. The idea is to maximize use.

As a rough example it's like bit torrent but instead of sharing music and movies you're sharing computer power.

Back