(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Chicago was all about $. They probably got a killer deal. For hotels that’s not a concern they just Bus people in from further hotels. That was a major complaint about LA. Anaheim and Orlando there is a competition with an already busy spring break/summer break season in those cities. Hotels don’t need help filling rooms from a convention. They needed to move it to slower times in those cities but they don’t seem to want to do that.

It never made sense to me to not capitalize on off season for the cons. Fill hotels, more people at disney. You name it, it s a win.

That's what seemed cool about Anaheim, they seemed to have it in the gap between spring break and summer. We went to Disneyland the day before the con and had a great time since there were pretty much zero lines.

That was perfect timing. ANd a great venue.

Hate being negative but this one seems to have bad news written all over. Convience is a big deal for cons. If it cost 45 a day to get to and from the con with all your crap it will be a nightmare. Cold weather and not much to do but sight see the city. End rant only positive talk from me but those are real issues fans shouldn't have to have.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

I have an OT Han feeling about this as well.
I am a real fan, but I am not having a good vacation. I'm not in it for a rushed or mediocre time if I am going away. I don't get away enough to not enjoy the time.

Nothing for this is really endearing me to go out of my way to attend.

No VIP :(

So no go for me.
Awwwwwwwwww... but, but, but, we needs you there!!!

That is my reasoning. I want to save for both Anaheim and Orlando Disneys. LMAO!!!! :lol :lol :lol
Those will be crowded as HELL when they first open. I'm open to taking a trip to those in the off-season, not peak periods...

I like this line from the confirmation email: Hotel agrees to provide complimentary admissions to Hotel's fitness facilities for all registered Star Wards attendees

Nice to see such attention to detail.
Well, we're all crazy for going to this, so we belong in wards!

No VIP for me. I'm at the police academy!
Sounds like fun!
MV5BMjNiMWVhNjAtMzgyYS00NzRhLWJmNGUtNzdiOGFhMmY5NDUwL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@.jpg
I bought the 5 day pass
YAY!

Kelly Mary Tran deleted her instagram bc of her role in TLJ and Daisy is getting counseling. Oh geeze. Lol

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
Counseling for what? Sex addiction? :pray:

Tried to book a room 2.1 miles away
Website said no payment until you check in, free cancellation within 30 days of event.
Booked it, card charge full amount, and web page says no cancellation.
Luckily my cc asked me if it was fraud, I said it was cause I did not authorize full amount, and full amount put me over my limit.
So cc is blocked, no VIP
But it will still be fun

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I booked by Midway airport, near Punk. Rooms are cheap as hell, and parking is FREE! I got $77/night, but I had to pre-pay. We plan to drive and park at McCormick. although Uber is certainly an option...

I told Chien to stop being mean to fellow Asians. :monkey3
:lol

Millennials. :slap:slap
:rotfl

There are a lot of negative comments on SWC's Facebook page about people not being able to get a close hotel, so I hope they realize they didn't do well picking this location. I didn't even think about the people in costumes who have to ride mass transit to get to the show. :slap
I think Chicago was all about $. They probably got a killer deal.
I'm sure they did get a deal, because they already have C2-E2 there every year, and the location for that has never been an issue. But SWC is SOOOO much larger. They didn't really think things through. That being said, it's the ultimate way for Lucas to say FU to Chicago for passing on his museum. He's gonna prove how much money Star Wars could have brought to Chicago on a regular basis, instead of just this one-time event. (Yes, I realize Lucas had nothing to do with this, but Kathleen Kennedy is still a close friend of his.) On the bright side, I think this pretty much guarantees Lucas will attend for at least one panel...

Personally, as someone who has attended every US Celebration, I am happy to see SWC return to the Midwest. The cons in Indy were awesome, and helped SWC grow to what it is today.

I would guess if you stay at the convention hotels or real close to those there will be free buses like they do for Comic Con. As it got bigger they had to further and further out to supply rooms so they started to use more shuttle busses from area to get people in.
I would think they would have mentioned it, if there were going to be shuttles. I pray there are, but I have a bad feeling about this...

As long as the weather is good, we will walk the .6 miles to the convention center.
You're THAT close?!?!?!?!?!? :thud: I hate you. Just sayin. I hope it pours every friggin day while you're walking (but bright and sunny every other minute of the day - that is how Chicago can be in April. Except now we can get snowstorms in April, too!!! :monkey3

I've never been a VIP, but I think the biggest thing is that you are able to get into the major panels w/o waiting and you can fastpass on some autographs. So if you want to get some of the harder signatures that's a great thing to have.

They sorta changed that this time though, and stated no reserved seating so VIP would need to queue up 40 minutes prior to a panel they wanted to see. And I believe it’s six autograph line skips....

Anyway, I’m very happy to be heading back to one last hurrah with you lot! :D

Tried to book a room 2.1 miles away
Website said no payment until you check in, free cancellation within 30 days of event.
Booked it, card charge full amount, and web page says no cancellation.
Luckily my cc asked me if it was fraud, I said it was cause I did not authorize full amount, and full amount put me over my limit.
So cc is blocked, no VIP
But it will still be fun

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I always love your stories, and cannot wait to hang out with you at Star Wars once again!!! :D

Nothing for this is really endearing me to go out of my way to attend.

Quite a few things endearing to me with this one. Yeah, I tried for VIP, fifth time failing. But what I’m really after is Star Wars and many of my closest freinds, who I often only see at these events. Waller, Flosi, galactiboy, Avfin, MadCow, KenBenobi, Shropt & Frau Shropt, UT, Cody, BobaBen, and jimjimmyjones85! Hell, even my con-wife, Zoomaround, is going! One day at Anaheim, full boat in Orlando, and she’s hooked! All this makes me so happy. I had major complaints about the heat and humidity in Orlando the first go round. But I’ve enjoyed the hell out of every single day spent at Celebration (with the exception of maybe that very first day in Orlando last year, but Zoom made even that bearable and fun).

Can’t wait! :D

Quite a few things endearing to me with this one. Yeah, I tried for VIP, fifth time failing. But what I’m really after is Star Wars and many of my closest freinds, who I often only see at these events. Waller, Flosi, galactiboy, Avfin, MadCow, KenBenobi, Shropt & Frau Shropt, UT, Cody, BobaBen, and jimjimmyjones85! Hell, even my con-wife, Zoomaround, is going! One day at Anaheim, full boat in Orlando, and she’s hooked! All this makes me so happy. I had major complaints about the heat and humidity in Orlando the first go round. But I’ve enjoyed the hell out of every single day spent at Celebration (with the exception of maybe that very first day in Orlando last year, but Zoom made even that bearable and fun).

Fine, I am going!!!! I'd rather do an amusement park with everyone though. hehehehe!
But yeah, hanging out with you guys is the part i LOVE the most. :hi5::1-1::1-1:

:thud:

Ok. Nice twist.
But not the same context.

Back